It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
(female)

igotaquestion HB Userigotaquestion HB User
Scoliosis- surgery?

Hi everyone! I have scoliosis in two places in my back. I'm an athlete and my training has only made my spine worse. I have yet to see the spine clinic, but I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the braces, yoga and surgery. What kind of brace did you wear and did you notice a difference? I'm in constant pain and it's getting hard to wait to get into the clinic!
Thoughts anyone?
-S

The following user gives a hug of support to igotaquestion:
severe bonepain (09-28-2011)
Old 09-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
(female)

TashR HB User
Re: Scoliosis- surgery?

Hi there

I had scoliosis surgery in 2006 to fix my scoli which was also in 2 places in my back. I didn't wear a brace until after surgery. I am so thrilled to say I had the surgery now, my life is so much better and the pain is so much less.
I am also a dancer (not professional or anything) but have kept dancing post surgery.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

igotaquestion HB Userigotaquestion HB User

This was wonderful to hear! I am a dancer as well and I was concerned about how my back bends and things would be. Thanks for the response!
-S

Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
(female)

severe bonepain HB Usersevere bonepain HB User

Please do get the surgery while you are young. They don't generally like to do surgery on adults because their bones harden. Also, get a Hydroxy 25 vitamin D test, nerve testing from a neurologist, and get copies of your x-rays on a disk.

The Following User Says Thank You to severe bonepain For This Useful Post:
igotaquestion (09-28-2011)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
(female)

gem1220 HB User

I hope by now you have gotten help. I too have scoliosis, but wasn't ever bad enough to have surgery until several years ago my osteo-arthritis made the scoliosis very progressive because of the degeneration it causes and I developed another curve in my low back and sacrum. My rib cage had moved to the left and my right hip got to be much lower than the left. Some of my vertebrae were tilted down toward the pelvis so it was painful to bend forward. I found an excellent doctor at center for advance medicine, St Louis Mo by the name of Michael P. Kelly. He did the surgery in March of this year and it was a success.

Reply Reply