It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

loopylou123 HB User
exercising for scoliosis

I've been browsing various exercises for scoliosis and am having problems because especially the yoga ones seem to all say "now bend your back" "keep your hips and shoulders straight" and all that and it's really annoying because
1) my spine has been fused and cannot physically be bent in the way its telling me to
and 2) naturally my hips and shoulders are not aligned that is the whole damn problem

any help here? following my 2 surgeries my hospital was pretty rubbish and didnt offer me any after care or physio so my muscles in my back have pretty much wasted away.. I'm so weak and I don't think it's helping the pain which is, I should mention, exrcuciating! I don't want to push myself and do any standard exercises that are going to damage me even further, because when I do strain myself from carrying thing too heavy etc it really hurts.. but there doesn't seem to be much out there to help me..

Now I'm just scared that I'm going to be this weak and in this much pain for the rest of my life, I hate it. Someone help please! thanks

Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
(female)

Worrywart6 HB User
Re: exercising for scoliosis

I have been having the same problem with Yoga too, so usually I only do the poses that I can do, nothing too harsh on my back. I also go to the Chiro for my problems, and to ask him questions about what activities I can and cannot do. Keep on trying with the Yoga and maybe even try Pilates too.
Toodles

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

cindygee HB User
Re: exercising for scoliosis

My entire spine is fused to the out dated Herrington rod. There was one yoga position I third, and I fell flat on my face! There are so many different ones...keep trying. Once you get stronger try some push ups.

Cindy

Reply Reply

Tags
exercise, scoliosis