It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
(female)

jamiea89 HB User
"mild" scoliosis taking over my life

Hi
I don't want to start giving out my life story unless this message/thread is actually active but I have scoliosis with about a 37 degree curve and although its classed as mild, its taking over my life. Every doctor just dismisses me as they've tried everything and can't figure anything out to help me. They referre me to this person then that person and its really depressing me now, I can't live like this. I want to work and live like a normal person but its becoming impossible. I can't handle much more with no sign of help from anyone! is there anyone out there who can help me
jamie
22 yr old female from London,uk

Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
(female)

headachey7 HB User
Re: Mild scoliosis with severe constant pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiea89 View Post
Hi
I don't want to start giving out my life story unless this message/thread is actually active but I have scoliosis with about a 37 degree curve and although its classed as mild, its taking over my life. Every doctor just dismisses me as they've tried everything and can't figure anything out to help me. They referre me to this person then that person and its really depressing me now, I can't live like this. I want to work and live like a normal person but its becoming impossible. I can't handle much more with no sign of help from anyone! is there anyone out there who can help me
jamie
22 yr old female from London,uk
Hi Jamie

Have you tried the painkillers/Anit-inflamatories Naproxen or Diflufenac. I aslo use Tramadol 100 when things are tough.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been dismissed by doctors. I've had similar experiences and I know how soul destroying it can be. Many hugs to you ok.

best wishes

hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
(female)

tinanelson HB User
Re: "mild" scoliosis taking over my life

Soon as my mum something was not right with my vack she took me to the hosptail i was told had it thst night

Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

lauraborialis HB User
Re: "mild" scoliosis taking over my life

I have mild scoliosis, and used to have a lot of back pain especially with tension. Went to chiropractors, took meds, orthopedics. Nobody could really help me. I found some relief with beginners yoga with stretching and strengthening the back. Also found great relief with hang ups chair that allows u to hang upside down against gravity. You do need someone to assist u in the beginning getting in and out of it.

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-26-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Reply Reply