It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
(male)

JB443 HB User
Severe Back Pain + Depression!

I am male and 16 years of age (17 early next year) have had immense neck pain for a few years now, every day and night since then I have been in continuous pain, sometimes it's bearable (I have gotten used to it) but other times like now it's extreme.

A physio told me I have tight nerves in my neck and should find ways to help it. I also have an extremely bad posture/spine/back (will include pictures). Whenever I am off my computer I feel uncomfortable and sad, my body does not feel like it is working and I stand very awkwardly and uncomfortably and if I try standing 'correctly' I find it hard to keep it stable. I usually walk around with my hands in my pockets because I feel out of place and that my body just doesn't work. If you look at the pictures you will see out of place my back is, I am very thin, maybe even lanky, and it sorts of looks like I have a belly because of how it is. I go out with friends and classmates a lot now and often teased when at the beach (shirtless) because of how I move and just look and it really gets me depressed, plus the pain.

I don't know if I should do special exercises, ciropracting, yoga or piletes or what. Painkillers don't work for me and I do not like the sound of a brace or operation and my doctors and physio has said I don't need any of that and my phyiso has left and I live in a small community with no other ones around.

I think it may be because I spend many hours a day on my computer but even when I get off it I don't like leaving my room because of the pain and feelings of self-consciousness that brings being off the bed/seat.

Front View:
http://i45.tinypic.com/29ngu38.png

Left View:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ng5y0l.jpg

Right View:
http://i46.tinypic.com/24l8rpy.jpg

Back View:
http://i46.tinypic.com/jrffcj.jpg

Last edited by Administrator; 09-15-2012 at 02:08 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to JB443:
Splodgepodge (09-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
(female)

cindygee HB User
Re: Severe Back Pain + Depression!

Okay, I was able to see your pictures and the obvious curve. It's inward so its pushing on your belly. I personally don't think your that thin by the way so stop worrying about it. Do read up on good computer posture. I don't that is what's causing it but when others blame that you can assure them it isn't.
I don't know what kind of docs you have in your area, but I don't think you have a very good one. Surely they taken a simple X-RAY, right?

Cindy

Last edited by Administrator; 11-06-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

tsp967 HB User
Re: Severe Back Pain + Depression!

Hi
Things are not as bad as you think they are - I'm not trying to take anything away from the pain you must be in - but there is help out there. There are other doctors out there.

Go on-line, check out all that there is to help you - Good luck and lots of hugs

Last edited by Administrator; 11-06-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Reply Reply