It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User
Question regarding scoliosis and leg length?

So my chiropractor told me I have Scoliosis and a tilted pelvis. He said I needed an 8 mm heel lift. So I was wearing one for a few weeks. I didn't wear it at home though. Every time I took it off I could feel my step was off. But then I started getting hip pain in the leg that had the heel lift- And major leg cramps at night. I told him I think it's the heel lift and he said it isn't. He said it's only 8 mm and wouldn't cause that. It must be something I'm doing. Well, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. My workouts are the same. So I decided to go a few days without it. My hip feels totally better and my upper spine is now bothering me. LOL.

So I'm not sure. He said he could tell my from my x rays (which was only pelvis and spine) that one leg was shorter. I could never tell I had one leg shorter all my life and was active all growing up. I had three kids... I think this whole thing began after giving birth to all of them. Is that possible? And working out has made it worse because I was doing aggressive exercises that compromised my low back?

Any thoughts are greatly apprecited. I just didn't know if having a tilted pelvis and mild scoliosis means I automatically have legs different lengths or there could be some other underlying condition that is causing these two things and I don't need a heel lift.

Reply Reply