It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Scoliosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

Phoenix817 HB User
Any home help for scoliosis?

I've had scoliosis for quite a while; on my last check-up they mailed the results saying it went from 7 degrees to 8 and has stabilized and I won't need further check-ups for it.
I can live with it fine, but it is kind of bothersome because I can't do a lot of things I would like and sometimes need to do (ex. shovel the driveway, pick up certain things... it also prevented me from doing any flips in gymnastics because I would always go to one side and things like that, and it cracks incessantly at the base of my spine; I can just clench and I hear/feel multiple cracks, and sometimes this refrains me from moving a certain way at all afterward.)
Since the doctor is not going to help me, I was wondering if there is any sort of psiotherapy I can do for myself. My one friend suggested laying on the ground then pushing up from my arms in a seal-like position, keeping my back straight.
That actually helped a tiny bit for a little while, but it doesn't help now.
Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
(male)

asnrkr7 HB User
Re: Any home help for scoliosis?

Try doing some yoga, that helps me a lot. I just do free form stretching and that seems to help. Also if you have a bicycle that has helped me as well because that i have to sit up straight or that i am always centered. I am in the same situation as you. I can't lift heavy items as well and the fact that i had to give up certain sports as well due to my back. I hope this advice helps, and i hope you can see a doctor to see what else can be done. Hopefully a different doctor or a pain clinic will help as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply