It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 08:17 PM   #1

Ohiochick HB User
fearful of posting on here.

I have been reading posts from this board at work.
I am not at work now, though.
I have posted on here while i was at work and I believe that one of my co-workers has been on the computer reading this board.
I don't care that they read this stuff.
I don't care that they know if I am/ was a cutter, but when they start saying things to me like............"don't flip out and slit your wrists or anything"
or "I knew a person with bi-polar and they endup in a ward........"
Blah blah blah..........

I think that this board has helped me out so much and I love to talk with you guys on here. I hate to keep staying away from here, but I am scared they will keep saying stuff and then tell my boss that I have a "mental problem" they would use anything to get in there and get me fired or move an other department.

So to my co worker.... Your time spent away from your family should've taught you more than one lesson in life. Keep your nose out of my life. Your may be 20 years my senior but I have parents and I am married so I believe I am grown up enough to have my own life, and mistakes. I may be a "Kiddo" to you but I don't need to be treated like I am in grade school and someone running to the principal to tattle on me.

Anyway
Good nite

Old 08-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #2

zimnah HB User
Re: fearful of posting on here.

Ditto from a friend to that nosey coworker.
Hey Ohio: been a while since I've posted. I told my manager after my last fall that I'm a cutter. She was pretty shocked that I could still fall, but took it in stride when I explained that 1) I'm in therapy and 2) it's like any other addiction. It's a constand battle. As to the ignorant JERK who says thigs about your "flip[ping] out," I sincerely hope they know where to stuff it. We don't sut when we "flip out," we cut because we don't flip out. Better a bandaid than a scene, eh? If you're worried, then ask for a private meeting with your boss. Be straight and honest. That way, if your boss already knows, no one can use it against you. You may even want to ask for the meeting in wirting...then you have a paper trail. It's really hard to admit it, but it makes life easier. Bosses/managers are a lot more forgiving than friends, who seem to usually feel betrayed.
Good luck.
Zimmie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread