It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #1

Ohiochick HB User
Feeling kind of confused.

I took in my 2 week notice to work this afternoon. I am not sure what to do now. My boss has offered to create a job for me so that I didn't have to quit completely, I could just be giving up my current position and working somewhere else.
I want to take the offer. But I am afraid that I will be looked down on becasue the boss made a job for me just to keep me around. He said he liked my working skills and He hated to see me just walk out the door. He said he wouldn't make the offer if he didn't think that I was worth the hassle.

The position I had involved all this stuff I didn't know and I had to fake the knowledge I have of the situations.................

It was agravating because I was annoying everyone else by asking quesiton all the time. I have worked there for 2 months and I still don't know biggest part of the answers to most of the question people ask.

I just needed to vent.

Last edited by Ohiochick; 08-09-2004 at 12:35 PM.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #2

zimnah HB User
Re: Feeling kind of confused.

I posted to your earlier thread...listen. And please hear from the most annoying classmate in training history: There was one guy in my training class when I began my job who gave me the time of day, and he did that because he felt sorry for me. It turns out I asked the question before he could formulate it, so we both learned a lot...
Your boss sees talent in you. I'm betting if he's worth his job at all, then he knows what you don't know, and is betting on you learning, and learning fast. The only thing you have to lose is a job. Ask questions...chances are (as I've learned), your lack of knowledge will lead to a clearer perspective. New viewpoint and all that. Jobs are few and far between in this day and age...how much will this one allow you to grow?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread