It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

Smigtastic32 HB User
Exclamation Cant STOP Wont STOP

I have posted a few messages before and asked for help which I seem to have gotten in some way shape or form... I finally got the nerve to tell my counciler ( even if its a drug counciler) and I worked up the nerve to tell a few close friends... and one of my friends parents... I thought that by telling people around me it would make it harder to hide it and harder to do it... But in all reality nothing has changed if anything it has gotten worse... I went on a sort of vacation for 4 days up north to my friends house (which he has the mother I told.) and I only cut once while up there... Since i have been back which was about 3 and half weeks ago I have cut everyday since Deeper and more ofton... I just cant seem to get the negative thoughts out of my head... I spend so much alone time when Im not working im just stuffed down in my room in the basement and my mind runs wild with negative and depressive thoughts... which then leads to my cutting... my entive left arm from elbow to the top of my shoulder is cut... Im 6'3 so thats a lot of arm... I need some advice on how to stop the depressing thoughts... I cant get them out of my head no matter what... Ill watch a movie and then before I know it im cutting... same thing with video games and tv no matter what I do im constantly cutting... Ive started to cut on other parts of my body too which I always told myself I wouldnt my thigh and calf are now something I have to hide too.. i carved my life sucks with a cross in my calf that is extremely visable.... I cant stop doing this it has become and addiction that is full blown... how do i rid myself of this behavior and negative depressing thoughts...... PLEASE HELP.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Cant STOP Wont STOP

Smig, you need to be working on the issues that are causing your depression. What help is the drug counseling offering you? Did you contact United Way to find an affordable therapist?

Last edited by Sannah; 04-04-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
(male)

Smigtastic32 HB User

Actually I did call them and their hours of operation are monday through friday 8-5 which happen to be my exact hours of my work so I have no way of getting down there and talking to anyone it sucks but thats my luck... I guess i was just wishing that there was an easy answer so that I can just stop Im realizing that Im more screwed than oringally thought...

Last edited by Smigtastic32; 04-04-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Smig, why don't you call them and explain your situation with your work hours. They could have some alternatives. You are not the only person who works all day.

Closed Thread