It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
(male)

Kieran52 HB User
Red face I Can't Stop Slitting My Wrist

Hello,
I recently starting slitting my wrists, and i can't stop! i starting cutting because i feel alone, as if i died no one would notice, i feel numb and empty like i have no soul, at the moment after counting i have 127 cuts up my left forearm, ive needed stitches 4 times on my wrist, and i can't stop! ive tryed seeing a therapist, and a councelor, but neither help!, ive tryed anti depressants, but i just ODed on them, what can i do!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User
Re: I Can't Stop Slitting My Wrist

Do you know why you do it? Have you been going through something rough lately? For me it has a lot to do with expressing difficult emotions. One of the first steps is to identify what's going on, and then looking for a healthier way to deal with your emotions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Kieran, maybe those therapists were not very good or something. You must try again. People cut to help them deal with their emotions. Why aren't you able to deal with your emotions in a healthier way?

Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
(male)

Kieran52 HB User

i feel so alone, like my inner pain is suffocating me, i have no where to turn except my razor blades. all i want is to die, i hate myself that much, that i want to die, now im getting put in a mental inst. because im not safe from myself, hopefully ill build up the gut to kill myself by next month. what should i do

Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kieran, you must work through this. You can overcome this. Please continue to reach out for help. You need to learn to express your inner pain. Emotions and pain are not meant to be kept inside. Please go into the hospital and work with them as much as you can to get better. Please keep coming back here to post.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hergy HB User

Kieran,

Your pain is real. You deserve peace. But peace can't be felt in death. Work with a counselor who will help you fall back on a healthier method for relief from the emotional pain you're trying to escape.

A psych hospital is like a safe house, a place where you're watched to make sure you're ok and that will encourage you to apply coping skills instead of destructive forms of dealing with the pain.

I was released last week from my 4th visit to a psych hospital. I was committed involuntarily under suicide watch. I don't want to be dead. But searching for peace and contentment is tiring when you can't find those things.

Keep trying. Your life is as important as anyone else's. You've got special gifts and talents that are unique to you. Don't stop living. Work on the things that make living painful.

I'm fighting right now, so I do know where you're coming from. It begins to feel as if the only relief is to stop living. But it's not a relief for people who love you and have been influenced by your existence. You deserve to enjoy your life. You've got a favorite color, a favorite food, a favorite movie. No one will ever be just like you. Live. Seek help. Stop planning for death. It will consume you.

You're not alone. Dark thoughts don't show on the faces of people you see every day. But no one is as normal as you think they are.

Hang on. If you ended it one day, and the next day would be your first sunny emotional day in a long time, you'd miss it. Don't ever miss it.

Love,

Nikki

Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
(male)

Kieran52 HB User

But cutting is my release for pain! it makes me feel so much better! i feel like i need to bleed for people to care about me in a way, i love pain kind of but it hurts so much!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kieran, you must work towards dealing with your emotions in a healthy way. This longing that you have for others to care about you. Well, for you to get here you must have had to do without a lot of care, as we all have, but to get better you have to take your life into your own hands and not be at the mercy of others to care for you. This taking your life into your own hands is called empowerment. You have to learn that you are the one who in the end is going to love you the most.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

hergy HB User

Kieran,

I realize that cutting is a release. My doctor told me that it becomes addictive because you get a bit of a high when you hurt yourself. But that's not a healthy way to feel better.

And no one worth loving cares more about you only because you injure yourself.

Sannah's right. Dealing with your emotions in another way will benefit you far more than the seconds you take to hurt yourself.

Everyone has emotions and everyone deserves to express themselves. No matter what others think or say, your feelings are important. Don't hold your feelings inside. They're hurting you. Speak with a counselor, a mature trusted friend or family member.

Hang on, Kieran. You're worth it.

Love,

Nikki

Closed Thread