It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

aspidites HB User
Exclamation Does anyone really "feel better" after SI?? Is it a compulsion?

I have heard some people say that SI is just a quick way to fix emotions and relieve stress. If that is the case, why do a lot of people feel worse afterwards. My life is soooo hard right now, and that is the only time that I ever SI is when I just get over loaded. I do it usually in a way without really thinking about it. I don't feel better afterwards. I have heard some people say it is selfish. Yeah, ok, if I was going to be selfish, I think I would go spend some money on myself, or get my hair done or something, I don't think I would CHOOSE to be selfish by jabbing myself with a sharp object, or pummeling my fists into my legs. Does anyone else feel like it is not really a CHOICE to SI, but more of a compulsion, like OCD??? Thanks!!

~A~

Old 03-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
(female)

boomerpuff HB User
Re: Does anyone really "feel better" after SI?? Is it a compulsion?

I understand what you're saying. I also cut when I felt, as you put it "overloaded", and it came a second habit for me. I've been a SIV for over four years, and I have never once felt better afterwards. As for people saying that it is "selfish", I could see where they would get those ideas. They think that you care more about yourself then the loved ones around you who would be upset if you intentionally hurt yourself.

Do your parents or your friends know what you're doing? Are you still cutting, or are you trying to stop? If you are, I really suggest that you stop. It's never, ever a good road to go down, because once you start it's very, very difficult to stop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
(female)

aspidites HB User

The only thing I ever do is pummel my hands into my legs, and sometimes, stab my leg with a pencil. Recently things have been worse but I'm doing better resisting the frustration "overload." I just feel bad for people who SI because I know what it's like. And it is a testament to the type of life they have had.

~A~

Old 03-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

boomerpuff HB User

I don't specifically know your situation to agree with you or not, *inappropriate*, and if so, has anyone ever noticed it or asked you about it?

You sound like a smart girl who has control of what's happening in her life. Remember that you have control, and no one can take that from you.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 03-30-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: level of damage is not important or appropriate. Do not discuss methods

Closed Thread