It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

cakey HB User
Exclamation hi im new slightly triggering

hi im new here erm dont know where to start really, mum always said the start is the best but i dont know when it did iv been a self harmer for 4years in that time iv stopped for one whole year but im cutting again, its worse and i cant seem to have any power of it like its taking control over me.

anyway a bit glomy there so Hello, my name is Elizabeth im hopeing to give as well as hopeful get some surport and make some good friends on here thanks for reading

*self harm free 4days*

Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
(female)

aspidites HB User
Re: hi im new slightly triggering

Hello Elizabeth! Welcome!! I think sometimes in order to stop doing something, you have to really be aware of what makes you do it. I think it's great that you are seeking support. Let us know some more about you!!

~A~

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 04-02-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: board is here to offer support and advice. The member decides how much they are willing to share

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

cakey HB User
Smile Re: hi im new slightly triggering

thanks nice to here

me erm not much to tell really im 24 live in the uk at home with my folks at the moment till iv got enough money to move out lol

i work as a customer service advsier on the phones can be quite stressful but in a way i like it and i like being in that roll if that makes sense

i get very low and have had depression for a long time which what im also trying to battle with

its hard to stay focused and the 4days so far is five if it will last i dont know i just know that i dont think i can stay this way i dont know how else to cope with everything and the over powring feelings i get in my life

enough about me slighty boring sorry

:boncing:

Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
(female)

Krissy612 HB User

I started cutting about 4 years ago too.
In that time I've quit and started again and quit and started up again more times than I can count.
You know what I do everytime I want to hurt myself now...
I tell myself... ok do it... but I make myself wait and 2 hours first. Even though I'm still thinking about it after 2 hours goes by I've usually already started doing something and in the end I forget about it for awhile.
I know it sounds stupid, and I know there are time's when you just do it, but I've been self-harm free for 2 and a half months now.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
(female)

Dzesn HB User

Hey Elizabeth! Welcome to the board, I really hope you find the support you need here and learn some new ways of dealing with your issues.

It's important to find out what is triggering your SI and eliminate as much of it as possible. It's also important that you find something else to pull you through those moments when you feel you have no one to talk to, no other options and you can't find support at that moment to push you through it. I exercise and meditate and do my best to think about the future, what will happen if I were to do it, what could happen, how I will feel later on and what kind of help is it really going to give me in the long run.

Those things are not always going to help everyone and I have learned that once you get too used to one method it can stop working for you so it's important to switch up and discover what can really get through to you.

Also when I am feeling really awful, I try to get up and do something for myself, something that makes me feel good about myself. Even when I really don't want to do it, I force myself and in the end I am so happy that I did it. Things like; taking a long, hot, relaxing shower, giving myself a facial, doing my make-up, dressing up nice, doing my hair, painting my finger nails and toe nails... Stuff like that.

Yes, it is important to do things like find a person to talk to that can really understand or even find a Therapist and write things down, your feelings, your problems. But, what is really going to pull you through those times and help you deal with your problems are things that you have to find in yourself.

It's also important to know that, yes it is very hard to overcome this BUT it does get better and it DOES get easier.

Good Luck hun!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

You have stopped before and your more then capable of stopping again. Cutting becomes an addiction that has the tendency of getting out of control very quickly and it needs to be treated as such. The first part is to figure out why you are cutting and what you are hoping to achieve from it. The second part is the addiction which is to break the habit of turning to a cutting device every time the urge hits.

I have been cutting off and on for over two decades. What worked for me is tracking down all of my negative thoughts, behaviors and urges. From this I was able to see the pattern that came from it. Every time that I allowed certain emotions to build then chances are it was followed by a cutting session. So I started to incorporate different ways to relieve this stress before it could build (there is another part but Seroquel took care of that - racing thoughts, voices).

The only person that knows when you are ready to quit is you but the fact that you posted here is a pretty good indicator that you are there. Just start with one urge at a time, one day at a time and before you know it you will be well on your way to recovery.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
(female)

cakey HB User

thank you for all ur surport means alot after the day i had and with the anger within me after today i just get so pent up and i take it out on myself i need to stop and think and again iv not done that

should of come here first as after reading and im not alone and need to find a way of coping i just get so, so well i dont know just upset and scared and frusrated with myself

but im getting off the point i do that i write as i speak all a mess lol

thank u and its nice to see that people can still be like this and understanding

Closed Thread