It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
I need help

How do you handle things if what's making you SI is something that you can't make yourself talk to your therapist about? It's something that's so horrible, and awful and self demeaning you've never been able to say it out loud to anyone since it happened to you? But yet when the demons flood your mind and the memories are all you can think of you cut to make them go away...Because what if saying it outloud makes you think of it more instead of making it go away? And then you have to cut more and more to make the memories stop?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: I need help

It doesn't work that way. The more you talk the less you cut. Start talkin. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

*edited* I've tried to talk this through...but I can't seem to make myself do it.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 04-21-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: inappropriate

Old 05-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
(female)

solostar HB User

Please, I ask you from the deepest of my heart. Don't cut yourself anymore. I know its hard. I have been there. I have done all. I have scars on my arm to show it but I'm not proud of it.
I understand maybe you want to get away from the memories and try to distract yourself by cutting but that's not the solution.
I'll tell you how I stop before. I use to hate, hate everything but one day I say, why, why do I hate so much. what is the reason for my hate and anger. I wrote it down, sort it out and under each one, I try to find a solution for them. Once you find the source, you will be able to stop hurting.
Next time, if you feel bad or something, if you want to go outside. Look at the trees. Watch TV or pick up a book. Or maybe, do you like colors? Maybe you can paint or draw.

Please take care of yourself

Best wishes

Old 05-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Phoenix,
I have managed to get that far with my tdoc in the last week or so, and hoping that I can find the strength to discuss it more this week. I really want this nightmare to end and the cutting to stop hopefully for good this time...I'm tired of this life. On top of this I am BiPolar and have to deal with that, but have dealt with it for many years. So one less thing to worry about would be good. Thanks for all of your advice.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello Kmit,

Remember that no monumental place was built in a day.

You have suppressed these feelings for years; just give it time.

Share as much as you feel comfortable doing so and in time you will realize that there will come a point where you will be able to express in words, the very things you feel inside.

I used poetry as my medium; it really helped to unlock and realize my feelings.

I began with a specific subject and went from there.

Take care.

Phoenix

Old 05-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello kmit,

How are you holding up?

Just wondering if you have made progress.

Be well.

Phoenix

Old 05-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Phoenix,
I'd so like to be able to say, "yes I'm doing great, everythings better". But actually this week everything is worse, and the cutting is worse than ever. For whatever reason I cannot get the mosletation I suffered as a young child at the hands of my father out of my mind...it's just there like a horror movie, every time I close my eyes, or let my mind wonder, constantly, never stopping. I've been at my psychologists office twice this week,and am trying to work through it and find different outlets for my pain/rage other than cutting...but am not being too successful. I don't know what's triggering all of these memories all of a sudden, so trying to find the "off" switch to the trigger is driving me nuts. Actually all of it is driving me nuts...it just feels like everything is crashing in on me, and one more thing is going to make me snap...

Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Hello Kmit,

Are there any birthdays or anniversaries that are probably triggering you?

As a child, your trust was violated and it instills itself in a persons psyche.

The key, in my opinion, is realizing that he can do you no more harm............

and you know what?...............kharma is a female dog; what goes around is bound to boomerang in one way or another.

He will get his just desert without you having to lift a finger.

Take care of yourself, seriously.

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-16-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

damn I am so tired, of having thoughts I cannot control, of doing things that I cannot control, so tired. I feel like I have no control of anyting any more, I'm just stuck in this body that is controlled by past demons and past fears, causing it do continuous harm. Just one day, I would like to get through one day like a normal person without picking up a sharp instrument and touching it to my skin...just one day

Old 05-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Hello Kmit,

Do you require stronger meds or feel that you may benefit from inpatient treatment?

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-18-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

orchardlady HB User

kmit, my heart goes out to you in the most sincere way possible.

I wish I could be of help to you. Phoenix has made very good comments.

I too have to ask, have you had inpatient treatment at any time. I have just been through to do or not to do the hospital. It can be a difficult decision to make, but it may be a good decision for you right now.

Baby steps with the divulging of information to your therapist is a good thing. I doubt the he/she would expect it to happen any other way.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

I may need an adjustment in my BP meds, I don't know....my meds are very complicated...29 pills a day complicated...I also take daily pain meds for Chronic Pain, and anti seizure meds, lots of strong meds. I'm planning to call my pdoc tomorrow and see what he thinks. I really have way too much on my plate right now to even think about inpatient care....I just need to figure out how to get this under control...somehow.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Kmit,

Just a thought:

Have you ever tried just concentrating on the outside, as compared to the inside?

The "inside" is full of painful memories and situational circumstances/traumas that are not always best revisited at certain times.

The "outside" is comprised of external situations and daily activities.

I am wondering if you can complete this task:

Push everything to they side for just one day; give yourself time to smell the roses, take a bubble bath, watch your favorite movie, read a good book or
treat yourself to some ice cream.

Pamper yourself for one day.

Do you think this is possible?

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Old 05-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

orchardlady HB User

kmit...in my Parkinson's world we take many pills a day, of varying kind.
From time to time a PWP (Person with Parkinson's) will be put on a hospitalized drugs holiday and then start all over adding meds one at a time.

I don't want to assume that all of your doc's know what you take. What I mean is if all your meds don't come from the same doc, do they all know what you are taking? Do you get all your meds from the same pharmacy?

Are you sure that some of what is happening isn't drug interaction interfering?

Closed Thread