It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

faith911 HB User
summer time scars showing

is there anything you can do for your scars because summer is here the scars are more then blatantly obvious, so people ask, while others look and assume
the scars are really dark because well i used to cut deep i just don't know what to do
knowing that everyone can see them brings the guilt and depression back
any suggestions
please

*Do not use short form or slang. A number of our members use language translators and improper language messes the programs up. Mentalhealth mod***

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 05-30-2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: slang/short form

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: summer time scars showing

Hello Faith,

See your dermatologist and ask if skin bleaching is a viable option; either over the counter or done in a facility.

Take care.

Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
(female)

littlesadone HB User

I haven't found any help for deep scarring. Either cover them up or, if you don't mind others knowing, then let 'em show and go on and dont 'worry about what others are thinking.....if they ask, you can tell whatever you want to tell them...if they don't ask, it's their problem for just staring and not caring......i just don't wear skimpy clothes much anymore.......good luck...summer is a very hard time for those of us with scars...hang in there and enjoy your summer anyway.......

Old 06-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
(female)

xpoppyx HB User

summer is certainly a time when scars become obvious to others, and although almond kernel oil does help for light scars i have found no easy answer for deep/dark scars, i wish there was something, i feel dreadfully guilty everytime my son asks if were going swimming each weekend, but i darent uncover, it leaves me feeling very upset, ashamed, and depressed, and we try and do ther fun things where i can stay clothed, i hate letting him down, and would certainly love to hear from anyone who has any advice too,

but its important to focus on our goals, and try not to let the scars stop us from living, as that simply is all they are,,,, scars,,,,, they dont determine who we are, they just show the road we have travelled on has often been uneven and difficult, a scar for each stumble for instance,

be proud of everything you have achieved, and if courage escapes you under scrutiny, there is always the imaginary cat to blame,
if i discover anything to help with deep scars i will let you know,
take care
xpoppyx

Old 06-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
(female)

hannaere92 HB User

Hey. Erm... ive not self hamed in a while which im really happy about..
but.. i dont want the evidence to be there.. you no?
so i would luv it if you could write back and tell me what i could use to hide .. or cover my scars on my arms..
ive tried : body butter, dermacream, tannin, foundations..
but none of them have worked.
coz now its summer i want to wear short sleeves .. but i cant cause i really dont want to show them.

i havnt talkeed to a therapist? about any of this so i just need a lil idea of what to do ?

plz writback xx

Old 06-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
(female)

tiffany08 HB User

heya firstly well done for not self harming in a while im soo pleased for you jus wish i could stop to but i dont think im ready yet u should really treat ur self for stopping and secondly i dont think any things will work for deep scares im not intirely sure as i have never tried anything but i heard tht bio oil is supposed to be really gd for scares obviuosly i dnt no ive jus heard it maybe in time they will fade i really hope you find something that can hide them maybe if u can u could try an visit ur docotor an see what they might suggest i hope ive helped in some way take care an again well done for stopping as it is a hard thing to do

Tiffany

Last edited by tiffany08; 06-13-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling mestake lol!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
(female)

Lokki7 HB User

You're right... there is always the infamous "cat" story... I just go so sick of the weird looks, I came up with a ridulously lame excuse that they just laugh or roll their eyes at, which gets me off the hook.

Just tell them, " Oh these? Yeah, I had unprotected sex with a porcupine." that usually shuts them up. But you cant use it with everyone.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
(female)

ilalalaloveyou HB User

Haha, yea ik right. I used " i reached into a bush to get my hair tie, and someone pushed me and the branches cut me" they believed it. Haha, just okay what i do is hold stuff.. like hold a purse on your rist, hold a jacket, hold a bag when you sit next to someone.. i mean or lay on your wrists.. i dont do it on my wrists bc i play vollleyball and they noticed, USE A RUBBERBAND AND SNAP! thats the easiest way <3

Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
(female)

ilalalaloveyou HB User

Okay i TOTALLY get what you mean, i had THE WORST scars on my uppertigh, but all i did was tan OH i used spray on tan * get it at local drugstore* it works AMAZINGLY just use the spray or lotion daily and youre good to go, tell me if it worked for you! Please try it asap you'll feel so much better, ik i did <3

Old 09-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
(female)

georgiam90 HB User

hey
i just want to say that i know how hard it is everyone asks oh what are they from and i always get embaressed and upset. they are reminders of what we did to ourselves and went through and even if the feelings are gone the scars are there. i use bio oil which really really helps aswell as leaving them in the sun which helps the scars to heal. i am considering getting mine removed by laser but i understand it is a long process.
i hope you can put them out in the sun because this will truely help.

congratulations on stopping its a challenging emotional and long process.

Closed Thread