It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Just wanted to share...

Well I've managed to not cut myself except once in the past 7 days...which after doing it daily seems like a miracle to me. I'm trying to use just about any coping mechanism that my tdoc and I came up with. Also saw my tdoc yesterday for the last time for about 6 weeks as she is going on medical leave...it's wierd after seeing her twice a week for the past 5 months, I feel like I'm leaving a family member...and am very anxious. I trust my pdoc and will be working with him for the entirety of her absence, but it will take some adjustment, so hopefully I can get through the anxiousness and adjustment period without resorting to cutting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
(female)

casatonia 1 HB User
Re: Just wanted to share...

Just wanted to say 'well done' for not harming yourself,you have shown that you are strong.im sure you will be fine,you have come this far already.
GOOD LUCK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

autumn29 HB User

yes well done as well i wish i could stop but i cant its to hard i feel really depressed i want school to start so i can speak to my counseler i know this is really outragous but i think that the tablets in the cupboard seem very friendly.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 08-03-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Autumn, Sorry I've not been around,, Please don't look at the tablets...remember I just spent 4 days in the psych ward for letting the tablets talking me into swalling far to many of them....and it was hell on earth, not a place you want to end up, and the alternative is not something you really want either. I know this * is hard, but we can keep fighting it and one day, something will turn around and we'll win...I know we will, we just have to believe in that.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 08-07-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: language

Old 08-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
(female)

autumn29 HB User

hi kmit,

i know that i shouldnt but its so hard, everything that i do seems to be wrong. I hate everything i mean i look at a family from my church and they seem so happy mum,dad,brother and sister, i wish i had that. Dont people annoy you sometimes, there is this lady at my church she is 24 and she used to self harm and then with the help of her minister she stopped i have tried with all that i love the church its like the family i wish i had, but how can you just stop like she did, i know that she said she found god but come on you cant stop like that. can you? i have gotten worse when i was young i used to freak about every little thing and i used to scratch my hand with ma nails until they bled, it was like an itch on my arm but not in a way im doing it again and my left wrist is red raw eany ideas on how to stop?

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 08-08-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

well to be fair we only know a tiny bit of her story, so I'm sure if we heard the whole thing, we'd probaly hear a story more like are own. As for people driving me nuts.....well I spend a great amount of time in my bedroom all by myself, so yeah....don't like being around too many idiots, they drive me nuts. Sometimes just being around my kids and husband can be too much, too much stress, and anxiety, and noise....you know just TOO MUCH! They don't understand why I don't want to come from my room..but they never will. But that doesn't meen that we can't try and be there for each other and try to keep each other from doing stupid things and keeping each other strong, right?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
(female)

autumn29 HB User

i get your point all i can say is the thing that i dont understand is that when i first met her it was at the youth club and we where going out to this religous concert and she came up and said hi and stuff but within a week i knew her whole life story and how she used to sh and then god came and spoke to her and said stop doing that. i really cant see how you can be so comfortable with talking about it like that its like its something to be proud of ok i get it if she is proud that she stopped but there is no need to go on about it. over the six weeks holidays i have been on my own with my dog because my mums been working and its kinda given me time to think things through i guess i just wish that i could be comfortable talking about it with other people as she is but at the same time i dont want to. I am glad that you are able to to support each other it just shows how much people have to deal with, its not bad thhat you go into your room all people need space its normal as long as you kida exlplain how you feel to your husband im sure they will respect that.

Last edited by autumn29; 08-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Who knows, to each his own though. Don't spend to much energy on her, that's just less you have to put into yourself right? Are you doing okay there by yourself?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
(female)

autumn29 HB User

yes i guess your right i am not sure i mean i prefer to be on my own with my dog but all this time doing nothing is kind of driving me nuts. of course i have my mates so i have been on some nice trips and i am going on holiday next week to greece for two weeks. i have been trying to cut down on sh but my mum does not help she goes on when she comes in from work she goes on about how she is depressed and stuff i never thought id say this but i cant wait for school i would be so busy that id have no time to think anything through, what annoys me is that i dont mind being alone for most of the day but not at night as well mum is either drinking out or in her room on her own.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

that does sound rough, but once again, you have to focus on your own power not to turn to injuring yourself. It's hard not to worry about people that you love problems, but sometimes you just have to take a break from that, and work hard on trying to get your own stuff under control. I know sometimes my husband is all stressed out, and it's hard for me not to take that stress on myself and want to SH, but I have to be able to seperate my problems from his, right?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #11
(female)

autumn29 HB User

yes your right and i have tried not to sh but i cant help it, at least it is not as bad as it was befor the holidays. i know that you must separate yourself from other people but she is making it very hard it seems that whenever she it upset it is my fault, it is just that she confuses me i mean i cant stand her and she feels the same way so its not making me feel good either and she is stuborn so she wont accept that she needs help a mean like everything if you think you have depression then you would get help but she doesnt, she just uses it as an excuse for everything. i would prefer it if she just said i dont want you anymore ive lived without her before i can do it again but this is just getting to much.

Last edited by autumn29; 08-15-2008 at 05:44 AM.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

I'm not sure of your age, but is there anyway that you could get out of this very traumatic atmosphere? It seems like this is what is preempting most of your SH. The reason I say this, is because is when my hubby drinks too much, or spends too much money, or just decides to be a jerk to me, that can put me over the edge rather quickly, no matter how long I'v went without.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
(female)

autumn29 HB User

not really my dads in australia and i dont really see him plus i hate him, i dont like ma family much because of my mum and my mum is the problem. so there is not really mich chance im going to greece tomorrow for 2 weeks so thts gud i probabaly wont be talking here until i get back. oh yeah im forteen and i am kinda used to her behaviour so you have really gotta lump it. besides i cant make much of a fuss because the last time i did i ended up living with my crazy auntie for six months. ehh take care anyway and i will see you in 2 weeks by then ill be back at school and life will be a bit more familiar.

Last edited by autumn29; 08-20-2008 at 03:44 AM. Reason: do not post your age per healthboards guidelines

Old 08-20-2008, 03:45 AM   #14
(female)

autumn29 HB User

hey im in greece and im feeling relaxed i have had no thoughts about sh yet which is gud and my mum is not drinking to much.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Autumn,

That is so awesome!!! I am so glad that you're having a good time and are staying relaxed. I'm having surgery on Monday and may not be around much next week, but hope you continue to do good.

Closed Thread