It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

natralgal4life HB User
pull out pubic hair

does anyone have ideas why i pull out my pubic hair?

Old 06-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
(female)

tiffany08 HB User
Re: pull out pubic hair

im not really entirely sure why u do this but maybe ask your self are you doing it because it gives you relief afterwards if this is the case then u are self harming yourself eg when u pull out the hair it hurts if you are doing this for relief it might be that your going through a rough time im not to sure why you are doing it i hope i have helped in some way

Tiffany

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 06-12-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: do not use short form

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

It depends on why you do it. If your intent is to cause harm then you may be dealing with self harm but if it is out of habit or compulsion then you could be looking at OCD. The best thing to do is go see a mental health professional for a complete screening.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
(female)

irfriz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by natralgal4life View Post
does anyone have ideas why i pull out my pubic hair?
I do the same thing. I used to pull out my scalp hair, as well as biting nails, tearing at my cuticles until they bled, and other skin picking. Pulling out my hair is called Trichotillomania. I am also a hoarder, with only a trail to my bed, bath, and closet to get through my mess. It was a relief to finally have it all diagnosed. I have hope now that I can reduce my behaviors through medication and therapy. Nothing could be done until I admitted my behaviors to my doctor and sought help. Once I got over the shame and embarrassment, I found my doctor was very helpful, compassionate, and interested in my getting help.

Closed Thread