It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #1
(female)

ladygreanz29 HB User
started again.

i quit for so long and i was proud of myself. i went probably 6 to 8 months without cutting, but recently i had the urge to, and today i gave in.. i feel like a failure for not trying to resist.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: started again.

Slips are normal for any kind of recovery. What is important is what we choose to do next. Do not look at it like a failure more of a hiccup in the road. You went a long time without self harm and you should be proud of this just brush yourself off and try to get back on the horse.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreanz29 View Post
i quit for so long and i was proud of myself. i went probably 6 to 8 months without cutting, but recently i had the urge to, and today i gave in.. i feel like a failure for not trying to resist.
Hello L,

We all have fallen down(in one way or another)from time to time.

We get back up because we know that laying there does us no good and can only make things worse.

We get up because deep down we want better for ourselves, even though the location of an answer may not be abundantly clear.

We get up because we want to live, not merely exist.

You are only a failure if you convince yourself as such and I for one am not convinced.

Place it all into perspective and regroup; if you look close enough, you can make the word life with four of the letters from the word failure.

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Old 07-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
(female)

ilalalaloveyou HB User

Ahh, i know how you feel :/

Okay well dont feel bad, it truley is like ocd, for real .. Use a rubberband and snap, get addicted to that because it doesn't scar and its 100% fine. Try it

Last edited by Administrator; 10-06-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: use whole words, only

Old 07-18-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello Lady,

How have you been holding up?

Phoenix

Old 07-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
(female)

autumn29 HB User

yes do not worry that you have broken the chain because know that you can start again you can set yourself a bigger target the fact that you did it that long shows that you can do anything i defo couldnt last that long

Old 07-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
(female)

autumn29 HB User

yes it does work i didnt think anyhting would work especially a rubber band but defo i was very surprised

Closed Thread