It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #16
(female)

autumn29 HB User
Re: question please answer it would mean a lot

I am glad you are happier because you deserve it and i am sorry you had to go through that. I actually miss seeing the nurses i know they are busy but i just want someone to talk to, maybe they think that i dont want to see them but i havent got the bottle to go up to them.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #17
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Maybe you could just go up and talk to them about other things...and work your way up to the hard stuff over a number of days, or even weeks, and see if they are responsive to it? What can it hurt? Right now the only person you've got to talk to is me...and i'm not all that great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #18
(female)

autumn29 HB User

well its easier said than done ive tried that before, well the teacher actually kinda found out and she got me to speak to the welfare officer. The welfare officer got me to speak to the nurse so i saw her for a while in year 8 but i dont c her anymore coz she is busy wid da year sevens. i have told a vichar and he said god wont be happy wid me so i give up. Do you have any tips?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #19
(female)

hiyati HB User

Hi all- or at least the 2 that seriously post. Ive been cutting since i was 12, so going on 17 years now. It started with sexual abuse, told mom, wasn't believed. The pain was so great that i had to "get it out" so i grabbed a nail and went to my bedroom. i started poking myself, but that didnt work, so i turned on my favorite song, mentally disassociated myself (Zoned out) and scratched my arm until the song was over. I was amazed i felt no pain. Physically OR emotionally. i had let it out! 3 days later i got my first tetinus shot. but it was worth it. I hid this secret for 5 years, until i was caught shoplifting razor-blades from the store. I broke down to the store manager who called his sister, a social worker, instead of the police. Sometimes its easier to talk to a stranger i guess. Anyway, this sister got me into the mental health system, a was diagnosed with a few things, and got me medicated. As with most bi-polar patients... i felt better, so i went off the meds, which led to SH again. This time my therapist put me on a 72 hour mandatory hold, which turned into 11 days in the psyc ward. When i was in the hospital, they gave me a pen and a pad of paper and asked me write "Why i think i deserve all the attention" Huh?!?! I asked to take the paper and pen to my room to write, and they let me. i went in my room, removed the pen cap and started scratching. Even professionals thought i was doing it for attention...who can i turn to?? That stint bought me 5 more days velcroed to the bed. This was at 18, the low-point in my life. I finally met a therapist that was a cutter her-self, and she understood. She brought my family in, explained to them that this is a mental disorder that can be treated, not cured, and that if they will not be supportive, she will help me. They packed my stuff and brought it to the hospital. Apparently seeing my stash of razor blades shocked my mother to the core because she actually wanted to talk after that. Now i know my triggers, and i know how to get around that "get it out feeling" but every now and then i slip up. My ex saw the scars and thought it was a turn on (!) and almost had me back in that pattern. But memories of St. Jo's mental hospital snapped me back to reality and OUT of that relationship. Thank you for listening to me ramble...

Old 11-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #20
(female)

KrisDiss HB User

Don't worry I have had the same problem for awhile now...
I mainly used to use Razors to cut myself,
but I just got up one day and said
"I am not going to hurt myself or put myself down anymore!"
So I stopped cutting myself, all by myself with no help at all!.
If I can do this! I know you can!.
You just need to sit down and ask yourself why?
literally sit and think about what the main problem is,
what makes you want to cut yourself...
only then can you find peace and maybe go get some help.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #21
(female)

autumn29 HB User

Hi i cut myself with razers as well, i take the razers out the plastic and use then singley. Ive been self harming for two years i started when i was twelve and i am fourteen know. The school knows and some other people NOT MY MUM because i cant stand her. The nurses say that i am suffering from depression because i have tried to kill myself but i dont want my mum to find out so they cant do anything about it. See it is not just my mum that gets upset my whole family would despise me so id rather survive on my own at least until i am older maybe when i leave school ill get some help.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #22
(female)

autumn29 HB User
Unhappy Re: question please answer it would mean a lot

Hi i cut myself with razers as well, i take the razers out the plastic and use then singley. Ive been self harming for two years i started when i was twelve and i am fourteen know. The school knows and some other people NOT MY MUM because i cant stand her. The nurses say that i am suffering from depression because i have tried to kill myself but i dont want my mum to find out so they cant do anything about it. See it is not just my mum that gets upset my whole family would despise me so id rather survive on my own at least until i am older maybe when i could leave school ill get some help.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #23
(female)

autumn29 HB User

i cant ive tried i know someone who found god but i cant leave it, its like an addiction that i cant refuse im not strong enough to do it. I have not got enough will power, i am happy that you managed to stop well done maybe in time i might be so lucky.

Closed Thread