It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

chlc HB User
what can i do, instead of cut myself

im sick of making myself bleed to feel alive
someone...help!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

BreathNoMore HB User
Re: what can i do, instead of cut myself

I would suggest finding a positive outlet for your pain. People cut as a form of emotional release, so why not channel that into something you can benefit from?! I know that it is much easier said than done, but it is the only way that you can begin to heal. When I become overwhelmed and feel the urge to cut, I write about my feelings instead of cutting. It doesn't always work, because sometimes the pain is just too much. But it's a start.

Keep posting!! Talking about your feelings with people that truly understand your struggle is incredibly theraputic. Good Luck!!

*~Krystal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

chlc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathNoMore View Post
I would suggest finding a positive outlet for your pain. People cut as a form of emotional release, so why not channel that into something you can benefit from?! I know that it is much easier said than done, but it is the only way that you can begin to heal. When I become overwhelmed and feel the urge to cut, I write about my feelings instead of cutting. It doesn't always work, because sometimes the pain is just too much. But it's a start.

Keep posting!! Talking about your feelings with people that truly understand your struggle is incredibly theraputic. Good Luck!!

*~Krystal
omg thank kyou so much
you amaze me=]

Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
(female)

fizz331 HB User

hey hun

im sorry you feel so bad sweetie i hope you are feeling better keep posting and keep talking and maybe write stuff down or do a drawing anything to keep your mind busy

take care fizz

Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
(female)

AngryNsad HB User

is that why you do it? to feel alive? ... break something... punch someone... anything at this point for "us" is better than an accidental death! i am no one to talk! i messed up the new year... but it's like... YOUR RIGHT! ... what else can we do... i don't know... i'd rather beat someone's *** then... no no... that's a lie (in a way)... i feel you on the fact to bleed... for me the scars... BUT! ... we just have to take it one day one hour one minute at a time! ... it sucks! BUT! ... you and me... that's what we have to do! why do you cut yourself?!

Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I have some alternative coping mechanisms that I've posted on here for some folks before, that my psychologist gave me. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post em again.

K

Closed Thread