It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
(male)

HardCore2003 HB User
I have alot of scars....

i have stoped cutting but now i have tons of scars and they are very noticable cause i am asian and i wanna know how i can get them to go away its not helping my depression ether cause ppl see it and ask me if i ever cutted my self and its making me sad... cause i dont want anyone to know that i am depressed

Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: I have alot of scars....

HardCore,

First off, congratulations on stopping cutting yourself, that is awesome. Unfortunately the only way to completely rid yourself of your scars, if you're talking about large major scars, would be plastic surgery.

For smaller ones, you could try vitamin e cream or cocoa butter, but since you are asian and darker skinned I'm not sure how much that will help. In time they will fade some on their own and the smaller ones you will hardly be able to see.

But the important thing here is that you beat SI and were able to stop!!! That is incredible.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

first of all, well done on stopping - not easy - am trying with little success. just curious too as to why you want to hide both cutting and depression? recognised illnesses are nothing to be ashamed of. i hope you feel better about yourself soon. take care.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
(female)

autumn29 HB User

Yer welldone on stopping i wish i could do tha. I use Bio oil which you can get from any shop, i think that they sell it everwhere because i remember seeing it in Australia and also tee tree oil is meant to be really good. Hope this works and well done for stopping to self harm because that is very brave

Old 02-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

autumn,

Actually I've never scene Bio Oil here in the states. Sorry I haven't been around much, it's been a really hard week. My husband came over drunk of Monday and he roughed me up pretty bad, and then of course because I didn't know how to deal with the pain, fear, and threat...I cut myself up pretty bad, It's pretty much been hell.

k

Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
(female)

autumn29 HB User

hey Kat,
sorry you feel awful lately and are you alright after you husband, i am really angry for you because you are the strongest person i have met. I hope it does not happen all the time because my mum drinks all the time and it makes you feel awful inside. Hope that your SH isnt too bad and if you husbands roughs you up SH will make it worse. I am not good at the moment either i miss my friends know that we have split up and my SH is really bad probably the worst it has ever been. I am really angy and upset because for me school has aways been a diversion from home and know i hate both. But you seem alot worse than me and i know that you will get though it and so will i.
take care

autumn
Also what does it mean at the bottom your page?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Hey,

I wound up with a black eye, several bruises on my arms, and a few in other places. He'd been so nice and hadn't been drinking very much since we split up, I screwed up and let my guard down, and he was in the living room before I realized he was totally wasted. I tried very very hard on Monday and Tuesday not to cut to try other methods, but between the panic attacks the fear, angerm and feelings of helplessness I just didn't make it, the cutting got pretty bad. I saw my psychologist on Wednesday and that helped and then I saw my Psychiatrist this afternoon and that helped some more. They were both irritated that I didn't press charges, but my husband is a fire fighter and in tight with the local police, so it wouldn't have done any good, and he would have just got madder.

Sorry thing are so hard for you at school right now, I hope you can get your cutting under control.

kat

Old 02-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

katlin,

i am so sorry to hear what you have been through. life doesn't make this disease any easier does it? also sorry to hear the catch 22 of his work situation. glad though, that you have both tdoc and pdoc looking out for you. my pdoc always asks me 'why join the enemy and harm myself as i have been harmed' makes so much sense but i know it doesn't stop anything. keep tyring, i know you can do it.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

hard core

are you doing any better?

autumn

sorry too to hear you are going through such a hard time. as you said you will get through it. thinking of all of you.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
(female)

autumn29 HB User

hey
im sure i will get through it but i have been really down, i never really feel this sad and my SH has got worse because of the way i feel but i will get through it because we all do eventuly that is the way we work. How are you these days? are you coping with life?
Kat i know how it feels when people ask you to report something and even though it sounds simple sometimes it can be the wrong thing to do. No matter how many profesionals (sorry cant spell) you see some things you can only solve when you are i n that situation. I am glad that he did not badly harm you but it is still out of order especially seeing as though you are trouble emotionly yourself. Look after your self and try and take care.
That goes for all of you take care. xx

Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

autumn. feeling exactly the same!

Old 02-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
(female)

autumn29 HB User

Its not good is it really? How are you Irishwriter? School sent a letter to the house saying that my mum has to make a meeting in school because i am causing concern and i ripped it up should i tell her? I know she will go crazy when she finds out that i hid it from her but she hates going to the school. I dont know i suppose they will ring her anyway so i dont have to worry.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

no not good. can you try explaining to your mother before she goes? i remember being called into meeting about my son he was caught truanting! i had holes in the palms of my hands from digging my nails in trying not to laugh because of how serious they were about it! hope it goes ok and you don't get into too much trouble.

Last edited by irishwriter; 02-08-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
(male)

HardCore2003 HB User

okay jeeze making my topic a chat box. thanks alot. i havnt seen any of these at the store. cocoa butter i have seen but i have no money to buy it i am totaly poor and i need money. so there is no way to repair my scars? i have like 6 major ones and like 100 medium ones but idk what to do. i feel bad when ppl ask me and i want to hide everything. no tracks behide for someone to notice that i am sad. this one kid picked on me for it. and its brothering me like hell!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

irishwriter HB User

apologies hard core! i guess we all felt that given that we had similar issues it would make you feel less alone. can you get money from parents, family or friends to get the cocoa butter or research online for herbal remedies that maybe you could make up yourself from ingredients you might have at home? sorry i cant be of more help to you.

Closed Thread