It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

sammyrocky HB User
tips on how to stop pulling my eyebrows

tips on how to stop pulling my eyebrows

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: tips on how to stop pulling my eyebrows

ummm....well do you do it for a specific reason, when you get worried, scared, stressed? a little more info. might help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
(female)

goldfishie HB User

I have had problems pulling my hair and the best thing that works for me it to keep my hands busy. Like playing hand-held games in bed at night when I'm falling asleep. The best suggestion I've gotten and used is to tie friendship bracelets. it is really easy, you can even just get embroydery thread and just tie knots. you can safety pin it to your jeans or pants. It was good for me because I still got the sensation of pulling on something, but it wasn't my hair and it kept my hands busy. And you can do it almost anywhere, under a desk as school/work, watching TV, in bed, in therapy...thats my best suggestion. goodluck

Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
(female)

KristaK HB User

Therapy, OCD medication, and get yourself a good old Stress Ball.
Hope this helps!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaK View Post
Therapy, OCD medication, and get yourself a good old Stress Ball.
Hope this helps!
Krista,

What OCD meds do you take?

kat

Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
(female)

Bunnylover HB User

Can't help, but you're the first person I've "met" that does this. I do it when I'm stressed--thankfully I have really thick eyebrows so people can't tell.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

I have another suggestion that my therapist has me doing for my cutting, it's lotion therapy. Basically you put lotion, lots of it, in your hands and you can do this at night and you just take your time rubbing it in on your hands your arms, slow your breathing and try and relax why you do it. Listen to the sounds the lotion makes as it rubs between your hands, focus on the feel of it rubbing on your skin how it gets more friction as it absorbs, these types of things...the goat is to be so relaxed and not thinking of harming (pulling your hair) yourself in the end. Practice during the week so that you can really good at relaxing and just being in your favorite quiet place in your mind and "kicking* out off the stressful stuff, and soon you'll be able to do this easily.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

kat

Closed Thread