It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User
Don't know where to turn next...

Hey. I'm new to the boards.

I've been cutting for six years. I've been through several programs to help me to quit. I've been in and out of hospitals for five years. I just can't stop. I always come back to it.

I just cut 45 minutes ago. I hate the way I feel right now. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm so tired of it. I don't know what to do. I want help, but everything I have tried, doesn't work. I don't want to just waste my time. I really want someone who will listen to me. I want someone to talk to. I've never really had anyone to listen to me.

I'm in counseling and I'm on meds. I try everything not to cut, but in the end, I always do.

Anyone have any advice that might help me stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Don't know where to turn next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
Hey. I'm new to the boards.

I've been cutting for six years. I've been through several programs to help me to quit. I've been in and out of hospitals for five years. I just can't stop. I always come back to it.

I just cut 45 minutes ago. I hate the way I feel right now. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm so tired of it. I don't know what to do. I want help, but everything I have tried, doesn't work. I don't want to just waste my time. I really want someone who will listen to me. I want someone to talk to. I've never really had anyone to listen to me.

I'm in counseling and I'm on meds. I try everything not to cut, but in the end, I always do.

Anyone have any advice that might help me stop?
Hi there and welcome here . I am Cathy , and have a long history of self injury behaviors .I understand how difficult and chalenging it is to stop Self harm. It seems like it never can go away or controlled easily. Your not alone in your struggles. There are a lot of people who have to deal with Self harm daily and it's a daily fight.
This is a good board, and we try our best to be supportive towards one anther. I hope you will find it useful to post here.
Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User

I also am where you are, I just need someone to listen to me. My mom whom I have had to move back in with is non-supportive, she knows I have been a cutter since i was 8-9 years old. But when I cut, if she see's it, she calls 911, even though she admits she knows i am not doing it to die. Even if i only cut and scratch the surface, she calls. I hate it and want to stop too- you are not alone. Good luck to you!!

Old 05-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

Thanks. Its nice to know there is someone who knows what its like.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hi, my name is kat and I have a long history of Self harm. This is someone that you can escape from, there are ways and meds that help break it's hold on you. Lithium is a very good med for self harmers...it stops the urges to cut, have you talked to yoru pdoc about Lithuim?

Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 AM   #6
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

I've been on lithium for about nine or ten months

Old 05-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Is it helping you any? It helps me some to curb the urges, seems to make it easier to not act on them, or dismiss them and the thoughts quickly.

kat

Old 05-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

No not really. I'm still not on that much. My dr hasnt upped the dose in a few months. Has never really helped me. But she doesn't want to take me off of it.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Sounds like your dosage might not be adequate....normally 900 - 1200 mg is a normal dose. have you talked to your doc about changing your dose?

Old 05-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

I'm on 350 three times a day. I've talked to her about it but she just keeps saying she wants to leave it alone.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

You're on a pretty normal dose....if you go much higher it gets unhealthy for your kidney's and liver. It's not that great for those organs in the first place. Do you take it for any other reasons, like BP, or just the self harm?

kat

Old 05-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #12
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

She put me on it for bipolar. Last time she did blood work, my liver enzymes were severely elevated. Guess maybe that's why she doesn't want to mess with the dose.

Closed Thread