It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

Sad 101 HB User
Anyone ever blame it on other things??

Just wondering if anyone ever tries and hides the injuries on something else? I have been able to stop the injuries for the last 10 years but now my BPD has been uncontrolable and it's come back and I blame it ont he cat or the other animals..So people don't know? My dr knows I broke my hand when I was in a rage fit but no one else.

He has changed my meds so hopefully this will go away soon before it gets out of hand again.
Ativan when needed

Last edited by Sad 101; 05-21-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Anyone ever blame it on other things??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad 101 View Post
Just wondering if anyone ever tries and hides the injuries on something else? I have been able to stop the injuries for the last 10 years but now my BPD has been uncontrolable and it's come back and I blame it ont he cat or the other animals..So people don't know? My dr knows I broke my hand when I was in a rage fit but no one else.

He has changed my meds so hopefully this will go away soon before it gets out of hand again.
I think you want to know if your the only one who just tries to make excuses about the unexplained injuries you have? Blame it on the kitty? I have not done that. However, I have heard of others doing so. Making any excuse possible , or hiding the self harm in any way they can. I have hid the SI before. That is also a common thing to do. It is not a unusal thing to do. We do not like to talk about SI to anyone, and we try to keep it from others, and do not want people asking about it. Espeically, after not Self Harming for a very long time . It happened to me like that too. I kept it hidden , that I started Si'ing again . The therapist did not know. When he finally caught on, his face dropped to the floor. i had been wearing a jacket for months, but it was the fall season. my right arm was covered in SI.
Self Harmers are masters at hiding it. I hope it will go away for you soon, before it gets out of hand. I am still waiting .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Anyone ever blame it on other things??

In the last 8 months I've had to get 67 stitches over 7 trips to the Urgent Care all on my left arm in various places. The majority of them are long slash looking scars on the top of my forearm, they're all impossible to hide. Most people don't ask because it does look like some kind of accident, for the very few who do ask, I tell them I was cleaning windows and my arm busted through one. Most of the rest of my scars can be hid with t-shirs and shorts, wearing a bathing suit is not easy I have to keep shorts on. I don't take my t-shirt off until I go in and then put it right back on. So we always have scars to hide but they're ways to do it. When I'm at a meeting where people can see my arm up close I loop a jacket over it, or just wear a light long sleeve shirt. I never try to hide my scars when I'm at my pdoc or tdocs office, because whats the point. I just had to get stitches 11 days ago and will have them removed tomorrow, so that scar on the top of my left wrist will stick out on it for a while, but I'll just deal with it.

kat

Closed Thread