It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
(female)

Sad 101 HB User
Not sure what to do??

So It's been almost 10 years since I cut...Now I have been doing it every couple days and right now I feel great after doing it...I know when I wake up in the morning I will feel ike crap...I think this is just me in my manic sstate... I am going to mention it to my dr when I go there wednesday cause we are trying to manage my BP etc so need some help.
Ativan when needed

Old 06-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Not sure what to do??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad 101 View Post
So It's been almost 10 years since I cut...Now I have been doing it every couple days and right now I feel great after doing it...I know when I wake up in the morning I will feel ike crap...I think this is just me in my manic sstate... I am going to mention it to my dr when I go there wednesday cause we are trying to manage my BP etc so need some help.
I can understand falling back into self harming behaviors, after a long time of not doing so. The same thing happened to me. I felt very confused.
It is good that you are going to talk to your Dr. about this. WHat caught my attention in your post was that, "you felt great after doing it" I said outloud ought Oh> Because I also know what that signifies. It means that your feeling relief from SI, and that means it will be more difficult to stop .
Been there myself, and struggle with it too. I understand. Be honest about it in therapy, and I hope you will continue posting here too.
Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Not sure what to do??

Sad,

Sorry that you've had a relapse, I know how dissapointing it can be. The hard part is that you feel good afterwards so that just means it will be harder and harder to stop. have you tried any other alternative coping skills to deal with whaterver feeling that have arisen that are causing you to cut? It is really good that you are going to talk to your doctor about this on Wed., perhaps he will have some help in the way of a med tweak. Generally though it takes a "brain" tweak and just a decision "not to" to handle stopping the cutting. Try to do some alternative coping skills and handle your feelings with those and hopefully you can get back off the cutting track before the addiction urges set in again. If you don't know of any other coping skills, I have posted a thread on this site with a bunch of them.

kat

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-31-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Closed Thread