It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

babsie HB User
Question Overdose help

Last night I came home quite intoxicated. I popped 5, 100 MG Zoloft pills (500 MG) and 10 MG of Melatonin before I went to bed. Well I was up all night sweating, my heart rate was insanely fast, muscle spasms like crazy, bad tremors and horrible migraine. I also then started to hallucinate and became very paranoid. I sat up and stared at a box all night because voices kept telling me something was in it and I didn't want it to escape. I also had visual hallucinations as well. ANYWAYS, it's been about 24 hours since "the overdose" and my organs ache. All of my insides ache. My friends are worried that I might be bleeding internally.......I don't think that what I took could do that, even though I did take double of the maximum dosage. I also considered that fact of serotonin syndrome... Will this aching feeling go away? Did I permanently mess myself up? Or am I bleeding to death slowly...? I don't know what I should do

Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User
Re: Overdose help

Go to the doctor. If you have caused any sort of harm to yourself you are going to need medical help. Just go to your doctor or even the ER and tell them what you did(yes-everything, it's critical to be honest so they know exactly how to help you) and tell them you need help.
May I ask why you took so many medications? Especially after you were drinking and were intoxicated? Was it an accident or were you in a bad state of mind or is there an addiction issue? The fact that you took so many concerns me. I hope you are ok, both physically and emotionally/mentally.
Keep us posted on how you are. Take care and best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

babsie HB User

I don't have insurance since I lost my job in November and I already have over 13 grand in medical bills from prior ER trips. I'm not addicted to pills but I am an alcoholic. A suicidal alcoholic so yes it was an attempt. Thank you for the concern niknak77 I will keep posted.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User

I am so sorry to hear that you have been going through such hard times, I hope that at the very least you are able to find a job or insurance. I truly hope that things look brighter in the near future. I hope that you find your happiness. Keep your chin up sweetie, I know it's a hard road and sometimes you get dealt a bad hand but please don't give up. I sincerely hope you find something, no matter how small, to smile about every day.
I hope that you are able to get in recovery with your alcoholism, you deserve better. Please keep us updated on any news, good or bad, we'll listen. We may be anonymous but that doesn't mean we don't care.
I hope you feel better today and I'm sending lots of hugs, love and hope your way.

Last edited by niknak77; 01-26-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

babsie HB User

Thank you much for your care and concern. I am only 21 and I came to terms that I am an alcoholic, so It's not too late for me. I just don't have the strength to look. I don't think I'll be good enough. Even to work at McDonalds...I am engaged and I live with him but I feel I'm ruining his life and bringing him down with me. My mental history record is THROUGH THE ROOF. I know I'm the only one that can change me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my fiance and he does bring a real smile to my face everyday it's just the concept of life and my personality don't go good together. I have no desire for it. I live for my fiance and the 3 friends that actually care about me. Sometimes I wish they would go away so there no stopping me ya know

Closed Thread