It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

mykinzie10 HB User
Talking Cutting for Emotional Pain

Hello there. I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself in here, because i also am a cutter. For me, it started when my baby died from SIDS. For years, I felt great relief in drinking and cutting to get rid of emotional pain. It really worked for me. (or else I just thought it did) It does not work for me anymore at all. Another thing I felt was in shock and "numb". For many years after Kory died I just felt "not alive anymore". By cutting, I just felt real again. Like I was human again. I had pain and bled. Little by little, as I share these kinds of feelings and behaviors to other cutters, I release this pain. Today I havent cut for almost a year now! I am on the mend. By NOT feeling ashamed of my past and by dealing with it and walking through it now, I am leading a happy productive life again. My life is not the same at all as it was before Kory died. Today, I do find satisfaction and hope. I feel way better than i ever thought I could feel again, and thats a wonderful thing to do.. Sincerely, Mykinzie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
Re: Cutting for Emotional Pain

I'm so sorry about your baby, I can't imagine anything worse. And how wonderful that you haven't cut in so long! you should be proud... you're strong and have come a long way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Cutting for Emotional Pain

I am very sorry for the loss of your baby Kory . You seem to have come a long way , and now taking care of your emotional needs in more positive ways.
COngradulations for not Self harming in over a year . Glad you are on the mend.

Closed Thread