It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

johannaliz HB User
Unhappy i injure myself when im angry and hurting

ok, i have gone to clinics and hospital, in the past i even had gone to a crazy home that how i call them, but i know that im not crazy or trying to kill myself, my problem is that when im angry or hurting i try to hurt myself especially on my head i bang my head so hard that i wake up with headaches and bumps, i few times made myself bleed, and trust me i try to stop by instead i get more angry and start shaking and just can't stop crying i could feel my bleed very hot, i wasn't like this when i was young this started when i was around 23yrs old and now im 30yrs old and i can't stop, i just need an answer of my condition so i could do something about it

Old 06-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
(female)

guttapink HB User
Re: i injure myself when im angry and hurting

you need to just think before you do it. it might be hard to remember that when you get mad but just stop and take an alternative route. put that energy into something relaxing and safe;read a book, exercise or my all time fav. shopping! for some reason i always feel better when i buy myself things. i also eat or * ..it always makes me forget what the hell i was mad about. plus you can really cause permenate damage if you keep that up. if you love yourself like you say you do then really do that and take care of yourself first and formost!

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 06-03-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
(female)

johannaliz HB User

i have tried alot of things, to calm myself down and it very hard it like my blood just gets hotter and hotter and it rises,,,,im so tired of doing this

Old 06-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User

I know it is hard when you are angry. I have a punching bag, a small one that fits on my table and I punch it and punch it to let out the anger/stress in me. And I can do it for however long I want till my arms are sore. But it does not hurt me at all, actually helps excersice at same time. Hope that helps. Or you can punch a hard pillow, sometimes I throw baseballs at the outside raquet ball court over and over and over till I am tired.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User

I have read all replies with intrepid interest Johanneliz (sorry can't remember the spelling) and I'm not disagreeing with their replies and think they are very good suggestions but I understand where you are coming from. I have been there and done that and it is a worry that you may cause yourself some serious damage (particularly with the bleeding). I have banged my head so hard some times and then later thought what the hell did I do that for? It got me know where but at the time it felt right and good. A couple of years down the track now I have found another way of sorting out the heartfelt pain and I will not mention but it is not good as it now causes me embarrasment and I have to cover it up and this is not always possible as I live in a warm climate. I wrote to my sister about it thinking she may have some compassion. Her response was why don't you snap some of that bubble wrap instead. Today I spoke with a counsellor at Life Line (who was helping me out with my debts rather than anything). She broached me very sensivly in gorgeous conversation and I almost cried and told her of my sister's answer and she said she does not understand your pain. You get relief from your pain from doing so, it takes the pain away at the time, she does not understand you, it is something you need to learn to deal with. Telling someone to put a bandaid on an ulcer is not the answer. We just need to find the right person to help us. I have been to many professionals and as I have moved I am in the change mode but since last year I met my person that I spoke with today, she has given me so much insight. Not everyone that you meet at say like Lifeline (and that is in Australia but am sure wherever you are there has to be an equivalent), you might strike it lucky. Give it a go, they are not there to condem you but to help. Chats are good and with Lifeline they are free. Take care friend.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
(female)

caf43 HB User

I ALSO injure myself when i'm angry.but i have found things to do to calm myself down.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
(female)

caf43 HB User

hi folks i am new to this group.just wanted to say hello and that i self injure when i get angey also but i have foundhealthy way to release my anger.I hope you will also find healthy ways to let go of your anger.question does anyone hold there anger in Iknow i do until I am ready to explode then that is when I self injure.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User

Yeah, I hold my anger in too lots of times, I hurt myself because I can't bare to hurt anyone else and I will never forgive myself if I hurt someone else in my anger, so I resort to hurting myself, but I also have found ways to express the anger safely and healthy as I mentioned above with punching bags and baseball throwing. What is your healthy ways of expressing anger caf43?

Last edited by jellybread; 06-16-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:26 AM   #9
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User

OMG I am a quiet person (normally) and hold all inside. Of late with all my personal problems I have become the ***** from hell but at the same time when needed can put a smile on my face and act cheery (and hide my misery from the world). When it gets too much I just scream and yell (at the person that deserves it) and today even kicked someone's car door and dented it. It felt so good at the time and they deserved it but I know it was at the end of the day the wrong thing to do. It was better than cutting myself I guess and who knows with the mood I am in at the moment. I am trying so hard not to go there, I know it is the wrong thing. Friends of mine tell me I should write a book about my life, I have been through so much and will soon turn 52. I just want normal at the end of the day. I can't do the other stuff ie punching bags etc, they don't appear in my blackest hours sadly. Take care of yourself. I have said before there is free counselling out there, I have been blessed to find a lovely lady at Life Line in Queensland Australia.

Closed Thread