It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

skier12345 HB User
help

i am a cutter who suffers from what seems like everything. from ADHD to mood disorders and panic disorders i cut to feel and to take away my pain. im going through alot like my dad being sick with cancer and someone very close to me walked out on my life. iive been hospitaqlized twice and i feel so helpless. i dont wanna go back. i started doing drugs and i still have the ugre to alot. im always so lonely and just lost againn. help?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

sadgirlincali HB User
Re: help

I recently began to cut and I am so ashamed! I hate myself. I hope the scars are not bad. I dont know what to say I know how you feel is all I can say considering I need help too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

sweetlybroken1 HB User

I self harmed for over 5 years. it has now been over 5 months since i last did it. i started because of past abuse and loosing my real mom and dad along with the death of my sister and the death of a close friend. i know the struggles u face and know the feeling of not being able to turn to any one or anything else. there are things that u can do to try and stop such as trying to find another way to deal with things or finding alternatives that are not as self destructive. but at the end of the day u have to truly WANT to stop. I hope this helps. Message me any time if u have any questions on how i stopped.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hi, I hope both of you are doing okay. I also self-harmed by cutting, since I was 13, that's 28 years. I managed to keep it a secret until 3 years ago when my tdoc figured it out. I had a breakdown and everything just spiraled out of control. I also have BiPolar Disorder with Suicidal Depression as well as several other medical issues. I have not cut myself since Dec. 15, 2009. It has been very hard, but I'm really proud of myself, I didn't think i'd ever be able to stop. But I just take it one day at a time. So I wanted to share with you that it can happen, you can stop. If either of you want to message me or need to talk, go ahead and do so. I'd love to talk with you and will do whatever I can to help.

Kat

Old 09-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
(male)

asteral HB User

i also cut and seem to have everathing e.g. dyislexia, dispraxia, paranoid schizophrenia and my dad is still here but is his a sociopath (no empathy love ect) however unlike you i have not managed to stop ever iv been cutting since i was 13 (4 years) and my arms have so many scars on no one knows that i cut so if some one notices the cuts or scars my mum is going to lose it i think between both me and my dad having little to no emotions

Old 09-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

So, do you see a pdoc (psychiatrist) regularly for your problems and are you on meds?

You know, a Sociopath or otherwise known as a person with Antisocial personality disorder means they have a mental health condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal. Just because your father doesn't show his emotions or love for others, does not make him a sociopath.

BTW, if you've been cutting for 4 years, and you've hundreds of cuts all over your arms, you can pretty much be sure that people know, they just don't say anything about it.

There are many ways to get help for self-harming, at such a young age, it'd do you good to stop now and not carry this problem into adulthood.

Take care,

Kat

Closed Thread