It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
(female)

gizmogam HB User
I pick scabs bad

hi pick scabs bad i have ten scabs on my face right now. i pick everywhere but pick my face to where the scabs get as big as nickles. i makes me look like i hav herpies. i hate myself for it i am so ugly cause of these scabs. but i love doin it it feels really good to me an i dont kno why. i reele need someon to tell me wht to do so it will stop for good. i just covered my face in band aids because i cant stop ive had one for like 6 months and my whole neck is swollen an i know its from my scabs because my last scab i had for almost a year gave me staff infection i need to stop help me

Last edited by Administrator; 08-25-2010 at 11:07 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to gizmogam:
noel1231 (10-03-2011)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: I pick scabs bad

I see no one else is responding, so I'll give it a try.....I would suggest that you talk to a doctor about it. I'm not sure what the nature of these scabs is. Do you have some sort of skin disease? If you can't stop yourself--and your picking is certainly damaging your face--then I would suggest that you make an appointment with a therapist. I'm certainly not saying you're "crazy," mind you. But they would have the know-how about what to suggest to help you quit this damaging behavior. At least talk to some health professional. Okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
(female)

gizmogam HB User

no i dont hav a skin desease i get little white heads an i pop them an keep piking at them until they are really big. well thank you for replying to me. and yea i feel crazy

Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hi, how are you doing? Do you see a pdoc or therapist? I have the same problem at times. I've self-harmed since I was 13, cutting...

I've been "clean" from cutting since Dec. of 09, but I can't stand to have scabs anywhere on my body, so i pick them off, and then jsut like with you they get worse, because of course your fingers are dirty, etc. But I do get satisfaction out of it. I hate it and wish I wouldn't do it...but most of the time the picking would win. My tdoc and I have worked out alternative practices to keep my hands busy so that I don't pick and the scabs can heal. Perhaps you could talk to your doc about doing that. If you don't have a doc then you could search for DBT or self harm websites and they offer alternative things to do so that you don't self harm...because this is considered a form of self harming.

I really hope you're doing okay, give a shout and let us know. I'm around if you want to talk.

Kat

Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
(female)

educated picker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmogam View Post
no i dont hav a skin desease i get little white heads an i pop them an keep piking at them until they are really big. well thank you for replying to me. and yea i feel crazy
Don't feel crazy. A LOT of people do it. Most people have issues admitting it. Katlin09 has some good points. If it is severe enough that at times you have gotten a staff infection, then behavioral therapy may be what's best. Where they will help you come up with things to do when the urge to pick arises.

Picking, whatever it may be (scabs, pimples, bumps) is usually related to other issues, most commonly OCD. But also things like bi-polar & depression. Some people can't stand the imperfections; some people already feel bad about themselves and just need to make it worse. Regardless, it's all manageable. The sooner you talk to a doctor or a therapist, the sooner you can get better.

I'm a picker and I've only been working on self-imposed behavioral therapy for a few days now. It's going well but it's hard. If I can's beat it on my own, I'll be checking out local therapists.

Good luck!

Closed Thread