It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
(female)

fizz331 HB User
Exclamation looking for help

hi all

i have been self-harming for over 6 years on and off, i have a long history of depression and self harm

i harm myself as i feel down, worthless, an many other things i go through my head i have been told i have bi-polar and i am taken meds i also have cbt counseling and i am top of the waiting list for more issues that i need to deal with but the help is getting less and less and i feel im not any better at all and what happens when it runs out all together

my family now know i self harm and a close friend does too and i try stay strong and not cut but sometimes i cant fight the thoughts and feelings and the angry anymore

i just need to know i am not alone

fizz :bounce:

Old 10-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: looking for help

fizz:

Hi I'm Kat and I'm sorry that nobody replied to your post before now. You are so not alone. I also self-harm by cutting, although at present I have not cut myself since Dec.15, 2009. This is the longest i've ever gone without cutting. I've self harmed since I was 13, that would be 29 years. Up until 3 years ago I was able to hide it from everyone. But unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it I fell into the hands of a really good team of Psychologist and Psychiatrist. During one of my weekly therapy session with my Psychologist she noticed a "not normal" looking wound on my wrist and just came out and asked me if I hurt myself. At the time I was going through a bit of a breakdown and I just kinda lost it, it was too hard to keep it all in and keep hiding it, so I said yeah, I do. Then I told my husband of 20 years, my mother and my best friend. During the last 3 years I've had to get 74 stitches over various trips to urgent care for cuts. I even cut myself in my sleep during what my Psychiatrist calls "amnesiac dream states". I am also Bi-Polar by the way, sorry should have mentioned that. I can tell you though it has felt so incredibly good the last 10 months going without harming myself. Not having to hide cuts and scabs all the time...

I'm here if you need to talk, just give me a shout.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

WanderingAround HB UserWanderingAround HB UserWanderingAround HB User
Re: looking for help

You aren't alone.

You just have to keep going. Life gets better. The fog lifts.
I know these things to be true, and I hope you learn them as well.

Closed Thread