It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

greenstumpie HB User
Unhappy struggling

hey...

i have been really struggling with thoughts of cutting myself and cant stop "playing" with my blades...

i just got a new therapist and am afraid to tell her about this because i dont know how she will react... i had my other therapist for four years and could tell her ANYTHING... but had to depart with her because i left my day treatment and am now in adult outpatient...

anywho... i dont know what to do... the urges are getting stronger and stronger...

i considered calling a crisis hotline, but i get really paranoid and am afraid they can track me down and such (crazy... i know )

i am just really lost and struggling now

Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: struggling

First of all, try to make the first big step by throwing away the blades. I know it's hard, but to get rid of the temptation will make it easier to not give in and do it. I wouldn't be afraid to tell your therapist about it. I tell my therapist about everything and they don't usually make you feel bad for telling them. They actually can help more if you tell more about what you are struggling with. One time I told them I felt like cutting again and my therapist suggested holding ice cubes in my hand. There was no condemnation from them just helpful words. let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: struggling

Hey,

Just wanted to pop in and see how you're doing? hope your okay and able to work with your therapist. I know how hard this is, and sometimes it can seem like nobody understands, but they do. we do, we are out here and can help if you want. do yourself a really big favor, toss those blades and trust in your therapist, let them help you make things better.

Closed Thread