It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2002, 05:50 PM   #1

OCDemon HB User
Exclamation I need help... self injury...urgent

Okay people, i need help... i cant resist the urge to cut again... its a long, complicated story, but basically lets say that i somehow got addicted to cutting myself, and im REALLY having trouble stopping...any suggestions would be WONDERFUL right now people... i really hope to hear from you all soon!

Thanks, OCDemon

Old 05-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #2
Inactive

Hawk HB User
Get outside, take a walk. Let yourself think away from any objects you can hurt yourself with.

Play Nintendo or something to take your mind off of things. Just dont let yourself near anything you can hurt yourself with.

I tend to punch things when I get the urge to do something like that and staying near objects I know I cant let myself destroy keeps me from hurting myself and other things.

Just dont let yourself get near stuff to hurt yourself.

Good luck man
Get on ICQ or something. My number is in my profile and Ill BS with you for a while if you want

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2002, 12:17 AM   #3

trishk HB User
Red face

OCDemon,

PLEASE don't harm yourself! tell us your long, complicated story, that's what we're here for. my thoughts are with you and i hope to hear from you soon. please take care...

------------------
~~~~~~~
~ Kim ~
~~~~~~~

Old 05-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #4
littlemedic04

I was in that mood yesterday. I did stuff to get my mind off it. Take a nap. That's what i did. Talk to a friend or watch tv or something, go outside. Got a punching bag. If so go punch it that's what i do. Little medic04

Old 05-09-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
Zafu

Hi OCDemon,

What help are you getting for you symptoms at the moment? Have you been given any meds or therapy??

Wishing you the best, my friend.

Zafu

Old 05-09-2002, 09:16 PM   #6

OCDemon HB User
Exclamation

Im not on any meds for this specifically, though im on Effexor for severe OCD. This is a pretty new problem for me... and actually started as a sexual thing... its really really complicated... im not sure i want to get into it here ^^ i was just looking for some blanket things to help, and thanks for the responce.. i really dont know what to do about it until my psychiatrist gets back from vacation in a few weeks.

Thanks everyone,

OCDemon

Old 05-10-2002, 03:58 PM   #7

trishk HB User
Talking

we'll see you through! hope you're feeling better!

------------------
~~~~~~~
~ Kim ~
~~~~~~~

Old 05-12-2002, 08:09 PM   #8

Coy121 HB User
Hey, if you don't want to tell your story, that's okay, but it might help people be able to advise you on how to stop. Just know that we're here for you and you can stop. I did and so have many others. You're not alone, my e mail is in my profile. E mail me if you ever really need to let someone know about a problem. Or e mail your story, it really helps to get it all out of your system, that way you don't have to post it. no pressure though love. remeber that you can stop and things will be wonderful when you do. In the meantime, follow the advice of others and do what you can to stop, take your mind off things and talk to someone about your problem, maybe you need meds, I do and since I started them it's been a lot easier to still that urge to cut myself. Good luck

------------------
~*~Coy~*~

Old 05-13-2002, 07:58 PM   #9

OCDemon HB User
Talking

Hey

Well the problem with telling the whole story is that its very unconventional and private and it would PROBABLY get censored on this board anyway ^^ (oh and your email isnt in your profile coy, i checked ^_^)

but im glad that people at least want to hear it ^_^

OCDemon

Old 05-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #10

Coy121 HB User
OCDemon- Sorry about that. I was sure that my e mail was in my profile. I'll go put it in if you want to send the story. If not, that's fine.

------------------
~*~Coy~*~

Old 05-14-2002, 05:23 PM   #11

Coy121 HB User
[Coy, Posting or requesting of personal details is not permitted as per board guidelines. The e-mail address in profiles is disabled for this reason. Thanks, Paddington Moderator]
------------------
~*~Coy~*~

[This message has been edited by paddington (edited 05-15-2002).]

Old 05-16-2002, 08:06 AM   #12

Coy121 HB User
Question

Paddington. I'm unable to e mail right now so I'm just going to post this question. If the email action is disabled on profiles, then why is it even listed as an option for profiles at all? If it can't be used than it probably shouldn't be in the profile options should it? Just wondering

Closed Thread