It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2002, 09:13 PM   #1

SupSup HB User
Post 17 and confused

I am 17 right now and i think i have a problem... although i am able to be around my friends i am constantly in a bad mood.. and sometimes even when im with them i have to go sit somewhere alone and the whole time im doing this im extremely bothered by just everything.. i think about dying all the time.. i would never commit suicide cause im christian but i think about someone just hitting me while driving or something and when its gonna happen... i just dont get it though.. sometimes ill be sitting here and just start to cut my arm.. not where the vein is but just cuase im mad... i mean im very successful.. ive been accepted to a top notch university and everything.. i have got it made.. but im still very very sad/mad continuously ..

Old 03-09-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
Zafu

SupSup,

You need to get some help, my friend. If you can, talk to your parents - if not see your family doctor and explain. There are many people here who understand what you are going through and will support you. But the first step has to be some professional help.....

With best wishes and hugs

zafu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2002, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

speck HB User
Unhappy

welcome!

'm sorry your having a tough time!!
i agree with zafu!! the best thing for you to do is seek professional help!! the sooner you do that the more chance you've got of stopping the problem being carried into adulthood!!-i wish i'd have done something sooner!!

best wishes

Old 03-25-2002, 04:31 PM   #4
Veteran

Taratwo HB User
When I was 17 and a senior in high school I was depressed every day. I moved to Florida in my senior year and also had problems with my grandfather. I did have the symptoms of depression but there was never any chemical imbalance. I was depressed over my drastic life change. I had thought about commiting suicide many times and once even planned on doing it. I still don't know to this day what stopped me. I just hope that you're doing better. Please keep us all posted.

Old 03-25-2002, 04:52 PM   #5

SrAngel2004 HB User
supsup... i know EXACTLY whatu are going through!! it scares me so much nd i dont know what to do! im not much of a christian so its alot harder. i try but i just dont know what to do! please help someone

Old 03-25-2002, 05:02 PM   #6

beaglelady HB User
HI.
Obviously I agree with everyone re: you seeking out help. I was a "cutter" myself. I did it because I had so much hurt and anger inside it was the only way I knew how to release it. With counselling you will get to the problem and deal with it.
PLEASE, next time you feel like cutting...yell into a pillow or kick a garbage can. Don't cut
Take care and let us know how you are doing.
J

Old 03-26-2002, 09:51 AM   #7

chris c HB User
supsup,
I agree with Zafu, you need to seek some help.
Take care (((HUG))) Chris xx

Tara, nice to see you posting.

Old 03-26-2002, 11:27 AM   #8
Veteran

Taratwo HB User
Supsup, definetely get the help you need. I hope you get better soon. Be strong and have faith.
Chris nice to see your post too.

Old 04-04-2002, 05:48 AM   #9

carrad HB User
Sounds like depression. As Zafu said, you need help, as you must surely be suffering, feeling as you do.
Try to get help before the cutting becomes more severe.

Old 04-10-2002, 02:14 AM   #10

Piano HB User
When I was your age I thought I was the only one. No one cared. I was lonely, depressed, and bored. Seek some counseling, as everyone else has recommended. Take my advice: I'm 23 now with some pretty nasty scars. What am I supposed to say when someone says, "where did you get those?" I got in a fight with a bear. A big one. And it nearly won.

Good luck.

Old 04-13-2002, 04:36 PM   #11

Tonys_Girl HB User
I am also 17(turned it in april) and in Feb, I finally was able to stop self harming. This wasnt through the meds I was on, or the counselor I saw, or even my shrink. It was through the love of someone I love. The man I want to spend forever with. He was there beside me through every single thing! He stayed up and made sure I was alright and never let me go when he knew I could be in a mood to where I would harm myself.

That is what it takes to break this issue. Love. True and pure love. and those who understand

Old 05-06-2002, 08:05 PM   #12

minxkely HB User
Tony's girl, glad you have someone supportive and kind.
It is wonderful you were able to start the healing process.

You make a good point, having someone who loves you can give you the strength, but I wanted to make a point about loving yourself too. You have to love yourself enough to want the best too independent from that special someone in your life.

My special someone helped make the difference for me as well and we just had our 13th wedding anniversary in April, but I needed to know and love myself enough that if he left the picture, I would still be strong enough to stand on my own.

Be sure to shine that pure love on yourself first and then with the others in your life.
Colleen

Old 05-08-2002, 12:26 PM   #13

JJay HB User
SupSup, you do have a problem, and like some of the others said, you do need to get proffesional help. I was at uni when I realised I had a problem with self harming. I had a pocket knife that I always used to keep nearby, but sometimes now, I don't even know where I've put it! It will get better for you, at least it can, if you let it. When you are feeling like harmiung yourself, do something else like, go for a run, or have a heavy game of squash or racket ball. Anything to take the tension away. Good luck, keep us posted. Jay

Old 05-11-2002, 01:51 PM   #14
Inactive

goth_vamp HB User
It'll get better in time, but unfortunately this is a 'habit' you have to be motivated to stop, and ppl who SI are usually to depressed they can't even get out of bed ( i know i was - maybe I'm wrong though). Keep your chin up and try and get urself some help.

------------------
Don't dream the dream, be the dream....

Old 05-18-2002, 10:06 PM   #15

longandmissing HB User
yeah i hear ya.. i have been pulling away from my friends too, and i 've been cutting and bruises, for about 2yrs. but now, am thinking bout cutting my wrist.. but i don't think i want to die.. it's just this urge i have.. lately and i don't know what to do bout it, cuz i dont' want to talk my consuelor b/c they would probably commit me or sumthing..

Closed Thread