It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #1
Veteran

fallen HB User
Post group therapy

Well everyone..i went to the group therapy session for SI on tuesday and well it was o.k i guess i really wasn't comfortable and i didn't talk AT ALL but the others were o.k w/ that..they said they know i'm new so they don't expect me to be comfortable right away..anyways..the whole session though was pretty much all about anger management so i didn't really like that too much cause that's really not the majority of my problem..usually i cut when i'm upset or just to feel something..i do the whole cut to punish myself but not as often but anyways that was just what that session was about..the next session will be about something else so i think i might still go to the next one and give it another chance..oh and ivy there was an art therapy student there volenteering so we did some art therapy..that's aparantly gonna be part of all the sessions. well i just thought i'd share this w/ everyone..take care all.

Old 10-24-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

WalkingWound HB User
thanks for informing us about that fallen! I think we are on at the same time! What is art therapy like? do you draw and such? I was actaully about to post a post saying I missed you...because i did but then I saw you posting and was happy. Yep...I have become quite attached. lol. I have mega projects to do this weekend :S. take care pal! --ww

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User
cool fallen like ww said i was gonna post and ask how you were and then you show up lol but art theraphy is umm interesting i have to go every week but it does make me talk...i never knew drawing could be so indepth but it was fun making up lives for my people i drew...right after i swore i was going crazy but i had to do it for the assement i was taking but i think it will be ok...i cant wait to finger paint lol...but im glad you went to group and maybe when you go back you will be a little more talkative with them it could happen !

take care
tata

Old 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #4
Veteran

fallen HB User
Hello hello girls..ahhh you missed me? thanks..i've been having some problems trying to get computer access errr...the art therapy is kinda cool and i love drawing so that's even better the only BIG problem i ran into is i'm too embarrassed of what other people will think of my picture so i have a hard time w/ it (i think i'm too darn paranoid ) well the session was about anger so the art therapy student had us draw a picture of what anger meant to us...i just basically sat there frozen w/ a marker in my hand the whole time maybe next time i won't be so paranoid lol and i'll actually take part in it..well i'm glad you're enjoying art therapy too ivy and ww have fun w/ all your projects this weekend bye for now

Old 10-24-2003, 06:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

SKAlee HB User
Exclamation

hey everyone! see...group therapy wasnt that bad now was it?!..lol... its cool you guys do differnt stuff every week..not too boring that way... keep us updated!
ivy...art therapy sounds cool... if i knew anywhere to go where i could do that here i would... i hope that helps you out! have fun with the projects WW!...i have very little homework this weekend... surprisingly... like id do it anyway... lol...
well it looks like its going to be another lonely/boring weekend with me staying at home...blah..i hope you all are well!
byebye!

Old 10-24-2003, 06:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

WalkingWound HB User
umm..thanks for the luck with the projects? lol. I should just get all the stuff over with...tomorrow I will...I promise myself but tonight i want to relax! I post like crazy on the weekends. I really love art and making it but in most of my art classes I feel pressure to be what the teacher wants it to be and I feel limited. I cannot wait until winter break when I can be free with all the artistic things like I was this summer. ohh finger painting...haven't done that in a while!! Fun times!! --ww

Old 10-25-2003, 07:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User
im sleepy lol just dropping in i think but i have to stay up so a bit longer so i dont miss xmen hmm ok thats all have a good day !! lots of luck for your next group meeting fallen and i hope everyone just has loads of fun with homework lol

tata

Old 10-25-2003, 11:42 AM   #8
Veteran

fallen HB User
thanks ivy..the next meeting isn't for another week and a half..it's only twice a month but i'm kinda excited or curious as to what the next session will be like...xmen yaay i used to watch that a while ago..i also used to watch the teenage mutant ninja turtles (that was my favorite) and superman, batman, umm i can't remember the names of a lot of them..but i was pretty much a tom boy..i watched the shows my brothers watched lol well skalee your right group wasn't that bad i'll keep you updated and ww hope you get all those projects done..oh and finger painting is fun..haven't done that in a looooong time though take care and have a good weekend guys

Old 10-25-2003, 07:48 PM   #9
(female)

blackbelt HB User
Fallen, I'm glad that the group therapy was ok for you. I hope the next one will be even better. I think people are so concerned with their own drawings that they don't judge the artistic quality of the other people. Plus, I assume the most important thing in the art therapy is what you drew or expressed, not what it looks like.
Ivy, the art therapy sounds neat.
WW, good luck with those projects.

BB

Old 10-26-2003, 08:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User
michaelanglo (sp??) was my fav ninja turtle lol i still like those movies but i like xmen evolution better for a cartoon and art theraphy just makes it ok to talk to myself what could be better than that lol...ok i think the time change has me completely thrown off

Old 10-26-2003, 11:01 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

SKAlee HB User
TMNT were the best... i was kind of a tom boy too..so what ever my guy cousins were into i just had to be right there with them..anybody remember ren and stimpy..so funny..lol.. not big on Xmen or spiderman though..
i might have to bust out my paints today and finger paint..lol.. i just got done watching girl interrupted... it was sooo good... and not as triggering as i thought it would be... well i hope everyone had a nice weekend and i hope you week is even better! (time change has me all turned around too ivy! lol)

Old 10-26-2003, 11:12 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

WalkingWound HB User
Yeah i remember ren and stimpy but I had to watch it in secret because I wasn't allowed to watch it. I wasn't allowed to watch power rangers or TMNT either. But I eventually did watch the show at 10! I really don't like the new TMNT it is so lame...the old ones are better. if you like it...sorry just my humble opnion. I used to absoultely Captain Planet. I always wanted to fight pollution like those kids and I think that I am going to soon! I will be the wind girl...she is pretty cool. I still watch the fairy oddparents...that show is so funny! *sighs* childhood memomories!! It is funny my parents used to be so strict on what I watched but now they don't give a da**! goodness see you all later. --ww

Old 10-26-2003, 01:17 PM   #13
Veteran

fallen HB User
lol yep the time change has me definitely mixed up..i completely forgot to turn them back so i'm an hour ahead right now yeah blackbelt your right i know they wouldn't judge me by the quality of the drawing..they even told us that before hand but i'm well..overly paranoid hey ivy..leonardo was my favorite..i think only because he was the blue one and my favorite colour is blue and hey there's nothing wrong w/ talking to yourself lol i do too..oh hey skalee yep i remember ren & stimpy i loved that cartoon too it's halarious and yeah girl interrupted wasn't really triggering at least not for me but i love the movie too..that's a bummer that you weren't allowed to watch a lot of those cartoons ww but hey you still watched them in secret right..so you didn't miss out o.k well that's all for now..i hope you guys had a good weekend mine was pretty boring..didn't do anything..well c u l8er.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User
captian planet was one of fav cartoons i loved them !! it comes on at like 5 in the morning sometimes on cartoon network lol i liked water and heart the best, hmm i think i like michealanglo because he had the nunchuck thing a majjies lol i liked those ! im tired of spiderman though and ren an stimpy was a great cartoon, not for kids at all lol but for the more up to date cartoons spongebob is the best

Old 10-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #15
(female)

takeaguess18 HB User
Dude! Captain Planet! Man, I loved that show to death. Heart ruled. And the turtles, hee, I'm such a dork I acutally have turtles actions figures on my desk. All four of them, with splinter. They rocked.

Fallen I'm glad your group therapy was okay. I attend a group once a week but it's not an SI group, although quite a few people there do it and talk about it. They're good places, make you feel less alone. Kind of like here I guess.

[This message has been edited by takeaguess18 (edited 10-27-2003).]

Closed Thread