It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

lindisease HB User
Need help!!!

I need to find a doctor to treat my rsd. I have been emailing and jumping from one doctor to the next. nothing is working. they treat me like im crazy because its self inflicted. i was charged double by my surgeon and he said i quote "due to it being self inflicted i will not be able to offer you my discount." had this been an accident he would have charged me half of what he did charge!!! He treated me very poorly and made me feel hopeless. he hid my diagnosis from me until after my surgery. basically fixed a flat tire on a car with no engine.... after my surgery he said oh looks like the RSD is back. I asked what RSD is and he told me it was a hopeless disease. he said he knows a girl who travels the country trying to treat it and he could no longer help me. I of course went home to find out what the heck he was talking about and now i cant find one single doctor who is willing to research it. they medicate me with 3 different depression pills and mobic. i cant abduct my thumb and can not do the physical therepy because my hand is in so much pain. I live in Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains and doctors get there education from the back of a cereal box. i am willing to travel out of state.....

Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Need help!!!

I'm sorry I don't really have any ideas as far as treating the RSD, except to continue your research and find a doc who will treat you. But, have you considered filing a complaint against your surgeon? or possibly a lawsuit? If he did in fact charge you extra due to the fact that your initial injury was self inflicted, I'm pretty sure that is unethical if not illegal, not to mention the way you say he treated you. There's also the fact that he did not disclose your diagnosis to you until after your surgery. All of these are legitimate reasons to report him to the medical board, so at least he can't do this to someone else.

I hope that you find someone to help you with your case. have you considered a pain management clinic?

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread