It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

Emilydojowells HB User
SH because of him.

Hi im emily, and i self harm quite alot, sometimes i dont know that im doing it.
Im 15 and i had a boyfriend for 2 years then he finnished me for an ex of his. Because of this i started to cut myself and scratch messages into my Waist, ribs arms and legs. iv noticed that lately iv been doing it more and more often and i didnt know how much i was hurting my family with how apart form them i was. i stopped seeing my friends and all i do is sit in my room listening to music. My weight has drasticly dropped.
I really need some help. I dont know whats happening to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
(male)

Ambler HB User
Re: SH because of him.

It sounds like you're very depressed. What's most striking about your posting is that the people in your personal life don't know how to address the issues with you. Sounds like your sending out screaming red-flags and nobody knows how to interpret them - the tragic belief that your symptoms are "oh, just typical teenage moodiness" or your parents and peers being afraid to address the depression with you.

This sounds like the end of a first intimate relationship - something that happens to all of us. Many of us here had the same experience but our hope for a better future - knowing we could find someone else brought us through the tribulation. The important thing to remember is that we have all experienced the loss of a first love and we all grieved for "what might have been" and then naturally recovered - we lived and learned.

Tell yourself "I can find someone else and I will move on" until you believe its possible (and it certainly is). If you feel things are getting unmanageable address your feelings with your parents or teachers - they almost certainly care and will help. You can also bring such things up with your friends. It can be distressing to discover how many people will reject a self-injurer but if you're open about your self-injury you'll find sheer amazement at how many of your peers also engage in eating disorder behaviors and other forms of self-harm.

Last edited by Ambler; 04-10-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User
Re: SH because of him.

Yes, you are so young sweetie, get help please!!! Don't let anyone hurt you. You are better than that and deserve better!!! Hugs to you!

Closed Thread