It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

beachchick112 HB User
Red face I want to so bad!

Recently I got into a lot of trouble with my sorority. I made a bad choice that sent me to the hospital (not because of drinking, but because I'm a huge klutz and fell flat on my face on some tile and split my head open), and now they do not want me to participate in my last week ever of college in the house. I know this may seem petty in comparison to a lot of problems that other people have, but the only thing I wanted to do last night was cut my wrists and get into a warm bath to oblivion. I know that this thought process isn't healthy, and so I called one of my friends who used to self-injure and told her that I didn't want to cut but I needed to so I needed somebody around to help me not to. I just needed to be around people. But now, I'm getting the urges again. I screwed up big time and the only thing I want to do at the moment is just fall into an oblivion and forget about all of this.

I just need some advice on how to resist the urges. I was strong enough last night, but they are getting more and more on my mind. Help me please?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: I want to so bad!

Hon, I'm a bit confused, how did you accidentally falling and cutting your head on the floor make them not want to let you be part of the last week of school? And legally, I mean rulewise, can they even do that?

Instead of thinking about cutting try thinking about positive ways to talk to your Sorority House leader about letting you participate. Focus on positive ways that you can use your energy to deal with the girls and make them understand that your fine and perfectly healthy to be part of the last week of school activities.

Be safe and take care,

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User

I have to say Kat pretty much said what I would. But, we do not cut to die, it s a totally different reason(s). If you are thinking of slitting your wrists and going away (don't want to type the word) you REALLY need to get help ASAP!! Good luck and hold your head high. Nothing is worth "going away forever" for. Nothing, nobody!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
(male)

asteral HB User

okay sevral things first its a cold bath (makes you numb) and second of all i dont think that there is many people on here who cut to die yes many of us me included have hundeds of cuts and scars but for most of us this is a coping mecanism or for the pain or the thrill or just to feel human so im not going to say dont cut just dont cut to kill and sorry if this seems cold or any thing but just to put things in perspective your friends dont want you around for a week i got put on meds proberly for most of my life after stabing mine and being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in that order.

Closed Thread