It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User
Unhappy Cutter, Freak, Insane, I know I need help.

Ive cut myself for the past 3 years, This year has been the worst, I cut almost everyday, my mom found out this year. She told me I was insane, and that I need mental help. She doesnt treat the same anymore its like im some freak and not her daughter, I see everyone stare at my scars, they think, freak, emo, weird,mental, suicidal. Im not trying to kill myself. I know cutting makes it seem that way, but its not. I need help, I have a problem, but I don't how to stop someone please help me. D:

Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Cutter, Freak, Insane, I know I need help.

First of all you are doing great for reatching out. Second you are not a "cutter", you are someone who cuts, we are not defined/labled by our emotional/mental actions.

You need to either see a psychiatrist or a therapist and start working on what's behind the need to cut, the only way you can stop is to get the 'stuff' out in the open and work it away. It will be easier not to cut as your emotional well being improves.

As for your mom, it's very simple, she's scared and she doesn't know what to do to help you, and she'll never understand, those who don't self harm, haven't a clue why we do it, or how hard it is to fight the compulsion. You can't do this on your own, you really need to seek out some help and get this under control before it gets worse....and trust me it can get much worse.

Take care, keep in touch.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User

YOU ARE NOT A FREAK!!!! And your Mom is like mine, non-supportive. You need help, we all do. And, I don't do it to kill myself either. It takes my emotional pain away. There are free downloadable worksheets on the web, so you can monitor your cutting, like why you are thining about cutting, etc and very helpful. I would print some out if i were you so when you do go to a doctor you can take those with you. And it is good self help as well. Good luck!! Best wishes to you! You are so not alone!

The following user gives a hug of support to ghelpmelivelife:
Shells611 (05-28-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

Thank you, its good to know someone cares when you feel so alone.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghelpmelivelife View Post
YOU ARE NOT A FREAK!!!! And your Mom is like mine, non-supportive. You need help, we all do. And, I don't do it to kill myself either. It takes my emotional pain away. There are free downloadable worksheets on the web, so you can monitor your cutting, like why you are thining about cutting, etc and very helpful. I would print some out if i were you so when you do go to a doctor you can take those with you. And it is good self help as well. Good luck!! Best wishes to you! You are so not alone!
Thanks its great to have someone who under stands exactly what Im going through,

Old 05-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

I've been where you are, and still kind am. When my mom found out, it really scared her. So much that she put me in a hospital. She didn't treat me the same. But after a while, and a lot of thetrapy, things got better. My mom and I have a good relationship right now. Most of my friends stopped talking to me except for a few. People are always starring at me and they probably always will. But I try my best not to let those things bother me. Counseling really helps. It helped me a lot the past couple of years. Maybe try that out. I'm still hurting myself but I think, for me, its an extremely long process to stop this cycle. But don let that get you down, w're all in this together. And together we'll find a way.

I'm here if you eveyr want to talk.
Chelsea

Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
I've been where you are, and still kind am. When my mom found out, it really scared her. So much that she put me in a hospital. She didn't treat me the same. But after a while, and a lot of thetrapy, things got better. My mom and I have a good relationship right now. Most of my friends stopped talking to me except for a few. People are always starring at me and they probably always will. But I try my best not to let those things bother me. Counseling really helps. It helped me a lot the past couple of years. Maybe try that out. I'm still hurting myself but I think, for me, its an extremely long process to stop this cycle. But don let that get you down, w're all in this together. And together we'll find a way.

I'm here if you eveyr want to talk.
Chelsea
Thank you. Im trying to get help but its kind of hard my mom thinks its just a phase, and my peer group, but its not. She doesnt understand no one does in my family, they think im a freak, Im just different. I deal with my issues differently.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

It's really difficult for "normies" to understand what we go through and why we do what we do. They don't get that we've managed to program our brains into thinking that this is the only way to deal with the pain/fear/anger of life....they never will/can, because they don't walk in our shoes. So try not to be too hard on them....it's kind of like you not knowing what it'd be like to have cancer, because you've never had it.

The best thing to do is to find a good therapist or group and get help, be with people who understand what you're going through, people that can help you change your behavior's.

Take care and keep in touch.

kat

Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
It's really difficult for "normies" to understand what we go through and why we do what we do. They don't get that we've managed to program our brains into thinking that this is the only way to deal with the pain/fear/anger of life....they never will/can, because they don't walk in our shoes. So try not to be too hard on them....it's kind of like you not knowing what it'd be like to have cancer, because you've never had it.

The best thing to do is to find a good therapist or group and get help, be with people who understand what you're going through, people that can help you change your behavior's.

Take care and keep in touch.

kat
It's hard to get a counselor when my mom thinks its just a phase, Ive told her many times that I need it, she just wont listen, its really hard to stop, thank you for your advice I'll keep in touch.
~Shelby

Old 05-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

Are you in school? If you are, try talking to a school counselor. They can help with talking to your mom. They did when I was in school. If you at least 18 you don't need your mom's approval to get help. Just a suggestion.

Chelsea

Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
(female)

Im 14, and I live in the smallest most judgmental town ever, and my school, well I mean theres only like 2 more days of school left.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #12
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

Oh yeah, I didn't think of school being out. Man, I wish my mom or myself could talk to her. Lol. I've been going through this for almost nine years. My mom is is getting better with dealing with it. Hopefully your mom will come around like mine did.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Well you have a team of supporters right here, that will always be around for you, and are not judgemental, and totally understand what you are going through and why you do what you do. So please don't stop coming to the boards, let us help you okay?

kat

Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
Oh yeah, I didn't think of school being out. Man, I wish my mom or myself could talk to her. Lol. I've been going through this for almost nine years. My mom is is getting better with dealing with it. Hopefully your mom will come around like mine did.
I wish that would happen but i just cant see it happening.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Well you have a team of supporters right here, that will always be around for you, and are not judgemental, and totally understand what you are going through and why you do what you do. So please don't stop coming to the boards, let us help you okay?

kat
Ya its great having you guys, dont worry ill keep in touch, Thank you for all your support.
Shelby.

Closed Thread