It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
(female)

AngelofMusicc HB User
Cutting-Free for A year....

I stop cutting a year ago after my family found out.... It hurt to stop but if i had continued it would of hurt 10x worse to see my family hurt worse. A little background: i'm sixteen Almost seventeen, I started cutting when i was 14 years old because.. I met this guy named Jose.. He Seemed Really funny and i was attracted to his sense of control... Not to long into our relationship he started beating me.. Not just a hit but like throwing me on the ground and hitting and kicking me(i'm crying even now that i'm typing this).. I stayed with him.. Scared to even bring up leaving him. He got me into drugs and drinking all when i was 14. Before i met this guy i was the perfect innocent niave little girl... The relationship ended when my parents and i moved to a different town but the cutting didnt the trauma and everything was and still is there. My Family still doesnt know about Jose and very few friends do. It haunts me... But I have been for the most part self-harm free yet its kinda hard for me to shake the urge to cut... I was thinking about it tonight and i've been thinking about it more and more. So i sought out a site that could help... I think i need it. I cant do this on my own anymore..... Thanks

Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User
Re: Cutting-Free for A year....

Wow- that is great that you stopped cutting and got outof that relationship. You are very wise beyond your years! Never let a man or anyone harm you, as you know now, how it does haunt you. My first love beat me also around your age and I continued to seem to attract those type of guys. I finally got a little self esteem and stopped it. Make sure you do not follow this path!! Be strong like you are. I wish you so much luck! {{{hugs}}}

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

WOOHOOO, YEAAHHHH, ALL RIGHT YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

My sweet girl, you are so precious and you matter so much to your parents, your family, your friends. You are so strong for beating this addiction and taking care of yourself, we are all sooo proud of you, because we know how hard the struggle is. You are so smart to know to get away from a boy that's beating you, please do not ever think that you deserve that from any man. You are full of self worth, you are smart, important, brave, and just an awesome person.

Congratulations hon, stay strong and take care.

We are always here if you need us.

kat

Old 06-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

I have gone through something similar. I was in an abusive relationship for a couple of years. I was hospitalized twice for injuries. I always had an excuse though. I've never told anyone the truth except my best friend. I have been in counselling for almost ten years and I have never talked about it. You are so very strong for not cutting. I am so so proud of you. It takes a lot to be able to stop. We all know that. I have just recently stopped drugs and alcohol. I have been sober about nine months. To me, cutting is like trying to stop smoking cigarettes... I have tried to do both. Even if you quit, the urge to do so is still going to be there. But we got this, we can get through this. We just have to push ourselves.

I'm here if you ever need to talk.
Chelsea

Old 06-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

AngelofMusicc HB User

Thank you everyone! You don't know how much your replies mean to me Your All amazing people!! I wrote this because the urge to cut the other night was overwhemling. I realize falling back into it isn't worth it. Its hard and for as long as i can i will fight the urge for myself and my family. Thank you for your support!!

-Shannon

Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

You're doing great, keep up the good, hard, strong work. You'll be fine and you'll get through this on the other side.

Stay tough and take care,

kat

Closed Thread