It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

doodlegirl HB User
Unhappy help me??

i started cutting in 8th grade i think, and its just escalated to burnign to where i get blisters. I like it a tone better since it hurts more. but tonight when i did it, it didnt hurt much and i have a blister but the fact that it did not hurt barely made me almost cry and want to do it soo much more to get the feeling of pain. Its almost an anxiety feeling that i have. i want to stop and i dont want to at the same time. but i feel alone. what do i do.?

Last edited by Administrator; 08-26-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User
Re: help me??

Ive never burned myself purposely, but I have cut for 3 years sometimes what helps me to not cut, take a rubber band snap it as hard as you can when ever you feel the urge to cut or burn. I would suggest counsiling, I am not in it myself, but I here it helps.Thats all the advice I can give you.
Shelby.<3

Last edited by Administrator; 08-26-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

I know what you're feling as I have been there, still am. I started cutting in sixth grade, I graduated in '09. Its been a constant struggle ever since. I've tried the rubber band thing, it helped for a while. Pretty much the only thing I have found that actually works is going for a walk with my mp3 player, although I can't do that in every situation. I didn't discover burning until 10th grade. I stopped cutting for a while and only burned myself for a while, since I got more of a rush. I know what its like to want it more and more for lack of pain. And that's the most dangerous part of self harming, in my opinion. When this occurs, what I think is the best thing to do is reach out to someone around you and let them know what is going on. You ARE NOT alone. I know it may feel like it at times, but you're not. I know its not the same but the people here on the boards are here for you. This is a great place to come for support as no one will judge you. I hope some of my insight helps or at least puts you at ease.

I'm here if you want to talk.
Chelsea

Old 06-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User

for starters you need to start trying to respect and love your body, because its YOURS! How many things in the world can you absolutely say is YOURS? And if u treat it that way, other people will think they dont have to treat it very well either. You know in your heart where the pain really is, its Cause,,,go and see a therapist if u can and deal with it, or it will cause more trouble down the track than just burns or blisters... Your future relationships will not be healthy, if you dont expect to be treated well, and u set the example yourself. What else will u let be robbed from you besides your dignity and self respect? Years going in circles with people who will value u as low as u value yourself?..A healthy life with children who will want to love you too? It all starts with you...the future is in u'r hands.... choose a life that will serve you well, not a pit of despair to hide in....ps be careful of staff infections, they hurt like hell.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
(female)

AngelofMusicc HB User

I was similar to you. I started cutting around 8th grade, i also did escalate to burning. i just had a lighter instead of a razor one night. i have burn scars all over my body. And i think if my mom hadnt seen the damage i had done to myself in time i really really doubt i would have stopped. Your strong I was you and i know where your at. I've felt the Numb Painless feeling when you harm yourself. You can stop! Cutting/Burning is an addiction you need to overcome it now before its to late. I'll be honest the urge Doesnt go away. I've been cutting free for a year and i still have the urge you just gotta realize the urge cant control you. Your stronger then that. If you need to talk, I'm Here.
-Shannon

Last edited by Administrator; 08-26-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Closed Thread