It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User
Unhappy I cant stop. I just cant. Help??

No matter how hard I try, I cant stop cutting. I just cant. Like okay, when summer started I made it about a few days. Its just now that its summer I cant hide it, Right now its like 80 degrees here, and i have a jacket on. Ive been really depressed lately. Im not really comfortable saying why. Its just really hard you know. I really need someone to talk to..Help??
Shelby<3

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Shells611
always8 (07-03-2011), nomeatforme63 (06-22-2011), Phoenix (07-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User
Re: I cant stop. I just cant. Help??

I know how you feel. I'm pretty much where you are right. I'm here if you wanna talk.

Chels

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
I know how you feel. I'm pretty much where you are right. I'm here if you wanna talk.

Chels
Thanks.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
(female)

ShizzyLizzy HB User

I know that when I first started quitting, I could only manage a few days at a time. Eventually, the periods without became longer than the periods with. I managed almost three years with only cutting like three times, but it is a struggle every single day. Its not like when you quit, suddenly the urges go away too.
I found, for myself, that if I could get myself past the worst part of wanting to do it, that I could usually just not do it. I kept my hands busy by clapping, or just rubbing my leg or the chair I was in until it passed, and I refused to be left alone when I was really wanting to, cause, like most people I absolutely will not do it if someone else is in the room.
I really hope this helps some, its a day to day thing, and its hard to quit!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizzyLizzy View Post
I know that when I first started quitting, I could only manage a few days at a time. Eventually, the periods without became longer than the periods with. I managed almost three years with only cutting like three times, but it is a struggle every single day. Its not like when you quit, suddenly the urges go away too.
I found, for myself, that if I could get myself past the worst part of wanting to do it, that I could usually just not do it. I kept my hands busy by clapping, or just rubbing my leg or the chair I was in until it passed, and I refused to be left alone when I was really wanting to, cause, like most people I absolutely will not do it if someone else is in the room.
I really hope this helps some, its a day to day thing, and its hard to quit!
Thank you, it is really hard, Im just taking it one day at a time.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells611 View Post
No matter how hard I try, I cant stop cutting. I just cant. Like okay, when summer started I made it about a few days. Its just now that its summer I cant hide it, Right now its like 80 degrees here, and i have a jacket on. Ive been really depressed lately. Im not really comfortable saying why. Its just really hard you know. I really need someone to talk to..Help??
Shelby<3
Hello Shelby,

We understand that expressing your thoughts may be difficult but know that if or when you are ready,we're here for you;unconditionally and judgement-free.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-25-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
(female)

Thanks. its hard I found a friend where I live, that is in the same sittuation i am, so thats helping.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

S,

That's a step in the right direction.

Sometimes entertaining the most difficult things in life are necessary in order to progress....

If "baby steps" are necessary,then please make use of it.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 07-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
S,

That's a step in the right direction.

Sometimes entertaining the most difficult things in life are necessary in order to progress....

If "baby steps" are necessary,then please make use of it.

Respectfully
Phoenix
Thank you, for everything.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

You're welcome Shelby.

Feel free to post as often as you like.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 07-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hey Shelby,

Wanted to stop by and see how you are doing, if things are better. Drop a post if you feel like it and let us know how you're doing.

take care and stay safe,

kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
Shells611 (08-03-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

bloodytears HB Userbloodytears HB User

i think its also important that you arent hard on yourself.. cutting is a very difficult thing to give up completely so i think any time period you are able to go without cutting, or hurting yourself in anyway, you should be proud of yourself for. I had gone three years without hurting myself until recently, which is a big let down for myself, but instead of being ridiculously disappointed in myself and taking it out on myself, i just told myself its ok and i just have to start again. Since I was able to go without cutting for a period of time before, I know its possible to do it again. Good luck with it though! Im here if you want to talk.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Hey Shelby,

Wanted to stop by and see how you are doing, if things are better. Drop a post if you feel like it and let us know how you're doing.

take care and stay safe,

kat
Im doing better, I started counseling a few weeks ago and its been helping alot, I just take it one day at a time.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Hey Shelby,

take care and stay safe,

kat
Im doing better, I started counseling a few weeks ago and its been helping alot, I just take it one day at a time. Thanks for asking. how are you?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. That's awesome! The counseling will help, just give it time and as you and your counselor adjust to each other, you'll learn to trust them and before you know it you'll want them to know everything so they can help you fix it.

Take it easy on yourself okay? Like you said 1 day at a time. The only thing that matters is that you are getting better, and the person that you're doing that for is YOU, not anyone else.....so don't let anyone rush you or make you think you're not where you should be at any given point. You go at your rate.

I'm so glad you're working on this hun, you can stop, and I believe that you have the strength and willpower thats needed to do so. Anytime you need to talk, just let me know, I'll be here for you.

And I'm sorry about that wacky boat post, I think I mistakenly misposted to you, but was talking to someone else. Please just scratch that one.

take care and stay strong,

kat

Closed Thread