It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User
losing hope

Things have gone downhill. I'm pretty much homeless and don't know where to turn. Cutting is pretty much keeping me sane. I don't think.there is one inch of skin untouched. I have urges to drink and use but I haven't not only for myself, but to prove to a friend that I can get by without it. But if she can't even believe in me, why should I? I'm trying to keep my head held high but that's hard to do when others are giving up on me. It feels like I have so much to say, yet I can't say it.

Chels

The following user gives a hug of support to nomeatforme63:
always8 (07-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: losing hope

Chels,

Nobody is giving up on you.....I once made you a promise, do you remember? I'm not going to lie to you, Life sucks, and it's incredibly hard at times, so hard you just want to give up....but you're a strong girl and I know you can make it if you set your mind to it. I truly believe that. Once thing you have to remember about cutting is that it's just as bad as drinking or drugging and way more addictive....it's not a solution, just a creation of another problem. I hope that you'll listen to me on this, I really do. You are a smart and strong young woman and you can beat this.....will it be hard, very....can you succeed.....YES. I know things seem hopeless right now, but it will get better. There's a catch though, you have to help it get better....by being strong, and fighting the desire to cut, because that my friend is a deadend street, it will take you nowhere. I know because we've talked about it alot....you don't really want to be doing this, it's a confusing and mistaken coping mechanism...that's it, nothing more. Cutting is not a solution, it will not bring you piece of mind, it won't make things better, that I can assure you. You will find a path and that path will lead you out of the darkness and into a lighter more welcoming future, but you have to beleive that, and you can't give up...you have to fight and keep fighting. There's only one person who can take away your life, dreams and desires....and kiddo, that's you.

I hope you'll think about this, what I've said....and as you truly know, and as I've told you before my friend....I don't give up on people. *s*

Luv Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: losing hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
Things have gone downhill. I'm pretty much homeless and don't know where to turn. Cutting is pretty much keeping me sane. I don't think.there is one inch of skin untouched. I have urges to drink and use but I haven't not only for myself, but to prove to a friend that I can get by without it. But if she can't even believe in me, why should I? I'm trying to keep my head held high but that's hard to do when others are giving up on me. It feels like I have so much to say, yet I can't say it.

Chels
Hello Chels,

Sometimes life will place you at a crossroad;which path to take may seem difficult but if you focus on your needs and rely upon an inherant need for a better quality of living,you will choose the right one.

It's called the road less travelled and rightfully named because many take the other path,for it is simpler to do so,while others look for other pathways, which never materialize.

The road less travelled represents a path of continued effort and perseverance;not taking "no' for an answer(or excuse) and going the extra distance to do what you ordinarily wouldn't.

If you want something you never had before,you have to be prepared to do things you've never done before,positively.

It requires you to keep an open mind to suggestions,opinions and support by others who represent positivity and have the potential to help you progress,not regress.

Anything really worth having is worth working or fighting(metaphorically)for.

People with SI issues can tend to be sensitive beings,leading the pathway for them to be taken advantage of by others.

Please look out for the warning signs of wolve's in sheep's clothing,travelling in groups,pairs or by their lonesome.parading as well-wishers..

You seem to be at a critical point in your life and have to at least try to take the initiative for a better,healthier you,in my opinion.

Be well and kind to yourself,
Sincerely
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-18-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: grammatical error and additional info

Closed Thread