It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
(female)

CoaCoa Mama HB User
Cutting After 40

I'm thinking about beginning cutting. I'm getting sick of my tummy hurting from the anxiety from hell and my brain racing constantly and basically feeling like warmed over doodoo. Any other 40+ cutters?

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 07-22-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Cutting After 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaCoa Mama View Post
I'm thinking about beginning cutting. I'm getting sick of my tummy hurting from the anxiety from hell and my brain racing constantly and basically feeling like warmed over doodoo. Any other 40+ cutters?
Please,oh please don't begin to engage in self-harm.

It can easily become a coping mechanism;so much so,that your mind will not allow you to see any other methods of coping as adequate for your needs.

You are in the stage of considering;i emplore you to reconsider.

If you want to discuss this further,I will be here.

Take care of yourself.

Be kind to yourself.....

So you can better know yourself....

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-22-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: Cutting After 40

I am 42 and have been cutting since I was 11 or so. It is something that I battle every day of my life and wish that I had never started. I have a very hard time understanding why anyone would be making a conscious decision to "begin" cutting.....

This is not a cure all or even a decent coping mechanism...it is something that will cause you and your loved ones pain and heartache forever. It is something that will seiously degrade your self esteem and can possible lead to other addictive coping skills.

I don't know who you talked to or how you learned that hits is a "helpful" thing, bit it is not. We've developed this coping technique, born out of pain, fear, anguish and despair, it is not something that we decided to do just because.

I implore you, whatever you've heard or read that makes this seem like some glamorous skill that will make all of your troubles and pain go away....you are so very wrong. If you do this you will be causing yourself much more pain, agony and troubles.

Please hear us and understand cutting is not something that you just decide to do one day to make some other ailment go away. And I'll be honest with you, the whole "pain transfer" thing is bull....cutting won't make your stomach pain go away, it will just give you more pain wherever you cut.

I'm not trying to be cruel....but put this stupid, idiotic idea out of your mind and don't look back at it ever again.

kat

Closed Thread