It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User
Help.

I have been doing well, I havent cut in almost a month, and Im really trying too keep it up, But I just recently discovered that I'm bisexual and I dont know how to tell my friends/family, every time I try I chicken out. And keeping it a secret, makes me frustrated and it makes wanna hurt myself to deal, like I have done in the past to every situation Ive been in. And Im really trying but I dont know how long I can keep it up, before I relapse.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: Help.

Hey shels, first off take a deep breath and relax a bit. You know I'm here for you, whatever you need. Okay, so you've discovered something new, exciting and special about yourself. Think of it that way, in a positive way...it's not bad news, no tragedy....

Why do you feel the need to "tell" your friends and family all at once? Do they need to know? or should I say, do they need to know before you feel comfortable talking about it? Maybe just pick one person, someone your close to, someone who's supported you in the past....are you and your mom close? Do you have a strong relationship with her, have you confided in her in the past? If not her, than someone else. The point is, there's no need to put all this pressure and stress on yourself. You haven't done anything wrong. Discovering new things about ourselves should make us feel good, not scared and stressed. Yes, there may be people in your life who aren't comfortable with your new lifestyle....but who cares? Your job is to make you happy, to take care of you...not to keep everyone else happy.

Try to take some of the pressure off of yourself, you're heaping it on way too high and under that kind of load you will break. So, be kind to yourself, be gentle, be reassuring. You can't please everyone, realistically nobody can, so don't even try or think that you have to, it's just wasting your energy and happiness.

If you really feel like you need to get this out now or soon, just pick one or two people who have supported you through your life, who tend to "be there" for you when you need it. And don't make a big drama out of the telling, just keep it simple. In this day and age, something like being bi-sexual is not as big a deal as people once thought it was.

So, think about what I've said, take some time to be nice to yourself and discuss this new development in your life with someone who will be happy with you...don't go straight to the person that you know isn't going to like it, we tend to do that, and it never serves us well....I'd tell that person last.

Please check back and let me know how your doing okay?

take care and stay strong,

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
(female)

Shells611 HB UserShells611 HB User

No me and my mom are not close and thank you, ill take your advice and let you know how it goes, thanks Kat.
-Shelby.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 08-03-2011 at 03:07 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Shells611:
katlin09 (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

anytime Shelby. *s* and you know I'm here if you need to talk anytime.

kat

Closed Thread