It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User
As of late...

I'm having a really rough time right now. It seems like everyone has turned their back on me... well, almost everyone. I was doing okay for a while, as far as not cutting, but I just keep back sliding. It seems like every time I go a while without doing it, it comes back with a vengeance. Lately, I have been resorting to burning rather than cutting. I'm not sure why, but I have. Either way, I feel like I am destroying my life. I honestly have no fight left in me, I can't fight the urges.

I feel like I have officially gone off of the deep end. I can't get any help from anyone... I can't get in touch with my counselor, I'm having trouble setting up (and keeping) an appointment my psych, if i go to a PCP, they make me feel like I am a moron. It just seems like there isn't any hope. One day, things are great and they stay that way for a while, and BAM!! I'm starting all over again. I'm just sick of it.

I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear this crap, I don't blame you. But right now, I feel this is the only way to get things out. Maybe someone out there will read this and can understand... even if it's just a little.

Chels

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: nomeatforme63
always8 (10-16-2011), flamesabers (10-13-2011), halolove (10-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: As of late...

Hello Chels. You said a few people have not turned their back on you. Could these people help you in some way even if it's just listening to what is bothering you when you have the urge to burn or cut yourself?

Is there another counselor in your area that you could go to? Is the psych you're seeing not available or is his/her schedule not compatible with yours?

I can relate to the feeling that there isn't any hope. Fortunately a lot of the worst case scenarios I thought would happen never did, in fact a much better outcome oftentimes occurred.

I don't think the pain and difficulty you're facing is crap. I think one of the primary purposes of these boards is to provide support to each other when we feel like life is bleak and there is no hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

No, I don't have anyone else to turn to. They just seem to add to the crap. I can't get another counselor right because of insurance. I missed one appt with the psych and I had to reschedule and the soonest I could get another appt was like a month later. So I'm out of meds.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Could you get a new prescription for your meds through a PCP? I know you said PCPs have treated you in a condescending manner, but it may be worth it if the meds helps to make life more tolerable for you.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

I used to have a pcp who would. But the one I have now wont do that. I've all ready asked several times.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Your best bet is to go to the ER....

Not now but right now....

like after you read this post.

I care,alright?

Respectfully
Phoenix

PS-Have you left yet?

Advice to be taken if you're up to it.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

What? I don't think that is necessary.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
What? I don't think that is necessary.
You can't send posts like this:

" I have been resorting to burning rather than cutting. I'm not sure why, but I have. Either way, I feel like I am destroying my life. I honestly have no fight left in me, I can't fight the urges.

I feel like I have officially gone off of the deep end."

and not expect an urgent response.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 10-13-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

If I went to the er because I have urges to cut, they would laugh in my face.

I've.tried before. They sent me home.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomeatforme63 View Post
If I went to the er because I have urges to cut, they would laugh in my face.

I've.tried before. They sent me home.
It's not just about cutting;there's a psychological element to it;an almost obsessive compulsive component to it.

The psychiatrist asks you if you are a harm to yourself or others;simply put,you are a harm to yourself......and they need to know that.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 10-16-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Chels,

Kiddo you know the drill here. You have to get back on your meds. Whether that means bugging the pdocs office everyday, or going to your PCP, or going to the local health department mental clinic.

Your spiraling out of control because you've stopped taking your meds all of a sudden, you can't do that. These meds cause w/d's and lots of other nasty side effects if you just "stop" taking them.

We've talked about this kiddo, you have to be responsible and make sure you have your scripts each month. So keep working on getting back into the pdoc or PCP or something. College was already very difficult for you, without your meds your going to feel like everyone is against you and you can't do anything....neither of those is true. You are a great, smart women.

Lub Kat

Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #12
(male)

sua HB User
Re: As of late...what is a PCP?

New here just seeing what is all about this site.
I totally relate to exactly how you feel, been there soooooo many times. Do you have kids help phone in States?

I am in Canada, what is meant by a PCP?

They laughed at you in the ER???? I know what i would have done if they did that to me, but cannot say it.

I also have to ask this cause I was in the States a few years ago and had the urge to cut. I went to an ER and they did not laugh in my face. I have to ask, what did you tell them, cause the thing that you should tell them and a friend of mine is a nurse confirmed this is the Universal thing to say in the Er in North America. Tell them simply and mater of factly, "I am having a crisis and need help". Once you say this they will take you serious, if not, say it out loud so everyone can hear, cause if they turn you away and you do harm yourself or someone else, they are legally responsible.

I was in North Carolina, went to the ER and it was packed. Told them i was having a cisis and needed help. I was in the ER and talking to a doctor withing 5 minutes. Police, medics and all first responders in Canada know that by saying that you are having a crisis means you feel you are going to harm yourself and others and they tgake that real serious, do not say it unless you mean it. Also, in Canada anyway, it wont land you in a psych ward or nothing either, most times they get you the counsel you need and you go home a few hours later.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

PCP means primary care physician. i did not mean that they literally laughed at me. I told them i wanted to cut and was afraid i would go too far with it. they told me since i did not plan to kill myself there was nothing to do. and sent me home.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I told them i wanted to cut and was afraid i would go too far with it.
Have you ever told your psych or counselor this when you were able to see them? I've never been hospitalized for having suicidal thoughts. However, when I talk about my suicidal thoughts with my psych nurse she's very clear in making sure I have no intention of acting on such thoughts and if I ever do, I'll get help right away.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #15
(female)

nomeatforme63 HB User

No, I've never told them..

I'm bad at waiting til the last possible minute to tell them I'm having bad thoughts. I feel like they will go away if I just give it enough time. But that rarely happens. I know when I tell them things like that, its possible I'll go back to the hospital.

Closed Thread