It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: just need to vent i guess..

Listen to her, she sounds like a very wise girl...and just the fact that your out and you've taken this step is huge!!! Keep it up! Your doing great!

Kat

Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
(female)

tearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB User

It is amazing what animals can do for you if you let them. My two cats always seem to know when I am at my worst and they curl up around me in bed, sit in my lap or the top of my recliner. I don't always want their affection and will push them away sometimes but when I don't they do help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

I volunteered at the animal shelter again today. I'm starting to get the urge to want to adopt one or two of the cats.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hey that is great that you volunteered again today, yay!!!! But don't rush into the adoption thing too soon....remember pets need 24/7 around the clock care, they don't care whether we're depressed or having a bad cutting day....they have to be loved and taken care of...so just think about it okay. I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, okay? It's just a big commitment....just a lot to make sure you've thought it through, you know.

But keep on volunteering, you can see those kitties there all you want and give them love and get love in return....lots and lots of love!

I'm so proud of you, you're doing awesome!!!!

Kat

Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

I'm not planning on rushing into adopting a cat as I know it wouldn't be practical with my current schedule. I was just surprised by how quickly I'm starting to get attached to these cats.

Closed Thread