It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

kat4779 HB User
I need help.

Hello(to whoever may be reading this),

I am seventeen of age, & It's definitely been such a difficult teenagehood for myself. I use to self-harm for over 4 years but the good thing is, i overcame that & I haven't picked up a blade for almost a year now I am really proud of myself for being able to talk to someone about the issues/problems I have instead of doing that to myself - the problem is that I haven't been able to wear ANY shortsleeves/tanktops without a sweater over it for almost a YEAR, My scars prove that I made it through alot but I'm also really ashamed/disgusted of my scars so I don't show them AT ALL....
I would GIVE THE WORLD to GET RID OF THEM - There are about 300 scars on my arms, they are really bad and I just want to get rid of them somehow!

Can anyone help me with this?!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: I need help.

Hello katlewis.

Congrulations with abstaining from cutting.

You may be able to find some creams to help get rid of your scars. I haven't tried this so I don't know what kind of results you can expect.

While a lot of my scars haven't disappeared completely, they have faded to the point where they're not at noticeable as before. This process has taken several years though.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
(female)

ulima HB User
Re: I need help.

hi,
i know you'll give the world for those scars to dissappear but you have a bigger issue on your hands. you have some emotional scars as well which needs to heal before you can accept your physicsl look. there are numerous creams which can slowly take away the scars but are assumably very expensive. Continue wearing your sweater until you learn to accept your physical apearsnce. hope this helps

Last edited by Administrator; 02-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Closed Thread