It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
(male)

Nicky90 HB User
Ok I feel stupid about this

As the title said i feel stupid but i need to let my feelings out and i feel this is the only place to do it. I am in love with my only friend and yesterday I told her. She was ok with it and i feel much better about telling her even though she doesn't feel the same way. Everytime I mention love I feel like cutting myself I don't know why but most people in my family have told me love is stupid and only idiots fall for it. Thanks for listening and reading. Nicky.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Ok I feel stupid about this

Hello Nicky.

It sounds like you may have apprehension regarding love which may be why it's triggering the urge to cut. Is there a therapist or someone you could talk to in order to help you work through these feelings you're having?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
(male)

Nicky90 HB User

I've been referred to a profesional therapist but I feel too embarrassed to mention anything like this. I just don't really know how to go about starting a conversation about it.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Perhaps you could start off by saying you have conflicting feelings whenever you have fallen in love with someone. If you feel comfortable with the way the conversation is heading you could go on to say you felt better after expressing your feelings to your friend but at the same time you feel stupid about it.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky90 View Post
As the title said i feel stupid but i need to let my feelings out and i feel this is the only place to do it. I am in love with my only friend and yesterday I told her. She was ok with it and i feel much better about telling her even though she doesn't feel the same way. Everytime I mention love I feel like cutting myself I don't know why but most people in my family have told me love is stupid and only idiots fall for it. Thanks for listening and reading. Nicky.
Hello Nicky90,

It appears that love is taboo and meaningless in your family infrastructure and has inadvertently been instilled in you as such.Enough negative experiences can easily change one's opinion on the subject.
You are neither stupid or an idiot for feeling love for another individual,whether or not it's reciprocated.
Human nature dictates that sensitive individuals experience emotions more intensely than others.

Your situation doesn't prove your family members right;unless you want it to.
The mere fact that you have the propensity to love is to be admired and if you leave both your heart and mind open long enough,hopefully the right person for you will be revealed.

Therapists are there to help and we go to them when we feel happy,sad,angry or embarrassed,in order to get their professional perspective on things.

Please explain that you feel awkward,as a way of introducing the subject;rehearse it several times until you feel comfortable enough to explain........

It may just do a world of good.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread