It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

sfgirlie HB User
Having trouble fighting the urge

A little back story on me. I was a cutter for years. About 5 years ago I cut myself so badly that I cut down to the bone and had to have major surgery on my arm to try to repair the damage. I have pain every day because of it, but that action scared me to the point that I never did it again. That and I promised my then fiance that I wouldn't.

Cut to last night when my husband and I got into a massive fight where some ugly things were said. Since last night I have had an overwhelming urge to cut myself... one that I can barely control. I've done everything I can think of to distract myself, but I am feeling like cutting myself is inevitable... that as soon as I am alone and have the opportunity, I will do it.

I'm not sure what to do, but I feel like I'm being driving crazy with these obsessive thoughts to hurt myself. Any advice on what to do?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Having trouble fighting the urge

Hello sfgirlie.

My advice would be to talk to a therapist about wh** you're going through. I know talking to a therapist or anyone else about cutting can be very difficult. Until you feel comfortable talking with a therapist about cutting I suggest getting help for learning new ways to cope with stressful situ**ions like having a big fight with your husband.

Something else you could do is read books about self-injury. Even though a lot of these books are geared towards teenagers, I think it can be helpful to know you're not alone and th** self-injury isn't a crazy way to cope with stress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread