It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

MaddieLovesNPH HB User
Well, This Is My Story

I'm 15 years old, now. But from the ages of 5-13 I was bullied horribly. I was called so many hurtful names. (*****, *****, freak, emo, ugly, goth, weird, annoying, stupid, fat, boring, ****, worthless, going nowhere in life, dyke, lesbian, hated, etc.) I'd been told these things from such a young age that I grew up believing it. I was also physically bullied. I was slapped, pushed, kicked, punched, shoved into walls/beds, had my hair pulled, and maky other things. My sisters used to make me do things for them and hurt me if I didn't they deny it to this day. But I will always remember the pain they caused me. I've been in treatment 3 times for cutting, burning, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, suicide attempts, and self-esteem issues. Things are getting a lot better now. I'm still in therapy, but I'm no longer bullied. I haven't cut in almost a month. I'm very proud of myself. I really hope everyone else knows that life gets better and suicide/self-harm is not the way out of problems (:

The following user gives a hug of support to MaddieLovesNPH:
Phoenix (04-17-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaddieLovesNPH For This Useful Post:
cmoody70 (04-11-2012), Mr KSP (05-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Well, This Is My Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieLovesNPH View Post
Things are getting a lot better now. I'm still in therapy, but I'm no longer bullied. I haven't cut in almost a month. I'm very proud of myself. I really hope everyone else knows that life gets better and suicide/self-harm is not the way out of problems (:
Hello MaddieLovesNPH,

Welcome

You should be proud of yourself;you've earned it.

It seems that you've tapped into your inner strength and have been able to channel energy positively in your favor.

Keep up the good work and know that i'm proud of you also.

Sincerely and Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Well, This Is My Story

Maddie,

Well hon you definitely have a reason to be proud of yourself, you've made it through some pretty rough times it seems. I know how much it sucks being a kid and not having the things that your suppose to have, like love, caring, protection, someone to keep you safe, understanding....it hurts alot. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, nobody should, but you've made it through to the other side and you should definitely be very proud of yourself for that, it's not an easy task. Keep up the hard work and don't let anyone take this accomplishment from you, people can be cruel and idiotic, but you've shown that you're braver and smarter than they are and they can't hurt you anymore.

Take care,

Kat

Closed Thread

Tags
self-harm, self-injury